Latino Dancing!

by zagor 15 Replies latest jw friends

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

I have been doing it on and off for the last two years (Salsa, Merengue and Cumbia) it is a lot of fun and a great way to meet women. I have just finished the school semsester and starting back up this week. There are two places I go to in Manhattan on thursday and Friday evenings for lessons and it is great. If any one is from NYC or NJ, pm me and I'll give you more info.

• zagor
    zagor

restrangled,
    Sorry to hear that, I completely understand what must be going through your mind when you reflect on everything.
    I'm sure you would have been one of the top performers. This religion has detroyed so many lifes...
    Have you thought of trying to go back to it? I'm sure all those skill are somewhere under the surface, you could still be a dance instructor and help others achieve their dreams. It is worth trying...

• zagor
    zagor

Hello misspeaches,
    Great to see you again on board :). Actually at the moment I'm across the Tasman because of business. They have a school here with real Latino teachers. So it is a good fun, though I'm sure there are many more back home ... so I'm thinking now I'll probably be going back to good old land soon :p
    Hey it is awesome that your hubby is Latino he can probably teach you a thing or two ;)

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It took years of nagging for my wife to get me to dancing lessons.

When she finally managed to get me started I loved it and did Ballroom, Latin & Rock&Roll.

We both loved it and gained a lot of fitness and lost a lot of weight while we were at it.

Rock&Roll and Latin were my favourites.

I also did Rock&Roll with my daughter and we had a lot of fun. We went to so many lessons that we used to swap genders so that we could learn each others parts. That used to cause a bit of hilarity at times, especially when the tutor said "Swap partners!!" after teaching us a difficult move that I hadn't learned as a 'man'.

My wife has problems with a knee now and my daughter has left home, so my chances of getting back into any dance classes are limited.

Latin was my favourite, but the Rock&Roll Club were a great bunch, and were for more sociable than the Latin/Ballroom set. They had a lot more social events to go to as well.

Cheers

Chris

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Hi Zagor

Yes back on board. Getting even closer to having a computer at home which means I'll be able to spend more time here with all these lovely people!

I have to admit that latin people know how to dance a whole lot better than I do. It seems to come so naturally for MrPeaches where I struggle to get the rhythm right. I hear the off beat. Strange but true!

If you do come back and looking for a good school I can recommend one to you. There are a couple of dodgy ones out there.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I wouldn't take dance classes unless I had a partner that I knew or brought with me. The idea of dancing closely with someone I don't even know and them invading my personal space would freak me out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit