What about the blood issue?

by The wanderer 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Gerard
    Gerard

Blood transfusions are not offered as if an optional Kosher meal, but as a life-saving procedure for many conditions and specially for serious hemorrage. How can anybody wave a Bible and claim whether it is 'right' or 'wrong'?

Religious faith has nothing to do with medical treatment, blood pressure and tissue oxygenation. A reasonable question should refer to biological risk assesment instead.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I'm sure a number of people here have lived at a place that had a septic tank. It's basically a hole in the ground where waste matter from the house is dumped. In the city, most people now have sewers, but country folk still use septic tanks. The tanks I'm familiar with had walls and a floor so that it wouldn't collapse and the sewage wouldn't leak into the surrounding area. For all practical purposes, it's an enclosed room of sewage.

Now, if you've ever pumped one out or watched one being pumped out, you'll probably agree that everything that comes out of that hole is disgusting. There's not good sewage and bad sewage. There's not sewage that is more acceptable or that smells better. It all pretty much stinks the same. It's the same with the sewage water that is pumped out of brooklyn via the wathtower and awake magazines. I don't care if some of that sewage looks a little less offensive than the rest, it's all a bunch of crap.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit