Medical professionals

by Cindyrenee 23 Replies latest watchtower medical

• BrentR
    BrentR

Cindyrenee, I didn't mean to hijack or twist your thread, I just went on the initial question. To me it looked like you knew of a nurse who was thinking of ratting someone. I know nobody on these forums would ever do that and I never thought you were either.

Hopefully the info is still beneficial to anyone that may have to face a JW that is in the healthcare profession. Most non healthcare employed people are not aware how strict the new confidentiality laws are and how much a JW would be risking by violating them. I have seen situations blow up and spiral out of control because a nurse decided she just had to be a good little JW and destroy someone else. The consequences for doing that now are far more grave then even a few years ago.

• Cindyrenee
    Cindyrenee

Yes, the HIPPA laws are very strict, and this is one of the reasons, people like JW's ratting each other out. I used to work in acute psych, had a woman come in, oh my, she had a break down, all kinds of horrible stuff came out. It certainly was not my place to say anything. She was having enough trouble the way it was. I think it was hard for her to understand that I was NOT going to tell anyone. I wonder how many JW's, if any have been punished by the legal system for HIPPA violations?

• BrentR
    BrentR

I am thinking that most of them value thier jobs enough to not do it. Besides they are protected in so many ways from being found to have not ratted someone. Lots of plausible denial available.

I know of an active JW nurse whose husband is an elder and not only does she not rat prople but she also has given blood to many patients. She is not going to destroy a four year degree over an issue that could easily be changed sometime in the future. She works in the trauma arena so she does it quite often. I wonder what she tells hubby?

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

I recently prepared a Paper designed to aid medical and medical professionals manage JW patients. It includes a discussion on patient confidentiality. The Paper is designed to assist people who have the responsibility for preparing procedures, practices, and laws. My Paper is available at no cost from my web site as a PDF file. Go to http://au.geocities.com/doug_mason1940/blood.html Scroll down the page until you find the download, which is called "Loyalty Test". Should you find it useful, please feel free to provide it to those responsible for formulating laws and procedures related to JW patients. You will find my email address on the downloaded file. I appreciate constructive and useful comments.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit