on average, how much of the Bible does a Regular Pioneer read in a lifetim?

by A-Team 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• A-Team
    A-Team

I honestly wanna know this.

I know pleanty of people who read the entire Bible in a year, and on average,and wodnering what is the JW's % on this?

• Zico
    Zico

Not many JW's have read the entire bible. After all the meetings, Pre-study, Service, daytext, WT and Awake magazines, and new WT books to read, they just don't have the energy.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Compared mags and other books not much. Eccl 12:12,13 says 12 As regards anything besides these, my son, take a warning: To the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion [to them] is wearisome to the flesh.

13 The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the [true] God and keep his commandments. For this is the whole [obligation] of man.

As a Witness for 22 years, a pioneer, MS and then an elder, sad to say I never read the entire Bible, you don't have time as you are so pre-occupied with every other thing besides reading the Bible and finding out who the Author is, now that I have been out for 6 1/2 years and I can say that I read the Bible about 2 times a year and it feels great and my PERSONAL understanding as I see it, has grown immensely. I now pray as the Bible instructs me for wisdom, guidance and understanding that only the HS can provide, never try to be dogmatic about my thoughts and never try and say that I am right. It is what I feel the Creator has shown to me as being right for what I NEED at the time. Give up man made writings and turn to the only source of truth, God's Word. If I am going to err on the side of reading material, it is going to be on the side of the Bible, no condemnation in reading His Word, we are plainly told in multiple places not to turn to men. Made that mistake for 22 years but learned from it, Thank God.

• blondie
    blondie

Regular pioneers aren't any more likely to read the Bible...maybe less likely. I agree with the comments about being too scheduled by the WTS to read the day's text, the book study material, the school and service meeting material, the WT and Awake magazines.

Although the WTS schedules a portion of the bible consecutively to be read on the TMS schedule, few actually do it, sometimes not even the "brother" with that part.

Bethelites and Gilead students are supposed to read the whole bible in the first 5 months they are at Bethel. I wonder if it is just an honor system or if they are quizzed on what they retain?

JWs I know that started reading the bible consecutively, started asking questions the elders could not answer easily if at all.

Blondie

• Honesty
    Honesty

JW's read the Watchtower.

Christians read the Bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit