Why did the WTS ever bother to release the KIT?

by AK - Jeff 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

The "air of intellectual scholarship" is a moot point.

Interestingly, all ministers of churches I've attended read from the Greek directly in services - no need for an interlinear for them.

I've shown the KIT to some who've looked at it as a bit of a joke (intellectually of course!)

• M.J.
    M.J.

In fact, despite the Society telling Witnesses to stay away from the evil Slave Class, the Society did business with them, selling them the Diaglotts, their only customers for thje books.

RR

again, they are a publishing company!

Actually the KIT, from what I gather, is a decent interlinear. This is why it shoots some big holes in a few of the NWT's dubious practices, such as "Jehovah" in the NT, "Me" in John 14:14, etc.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    Nope BSoM, I like blunt. Been accused of it myself.

I'll keep that in mind

• jschwehm
    jschwehm
    it becomes an adjective so she said it could or should be translated "godlike" or "divine" but not God with a capt. G or implying that the Word was the same God Jesus worshipped nor "a god". I always found it interesting.

Hi:

Actually, many of the translations that the Watchtower uses to support their rendering of John 1:1 may translate John 1:1 as the Word was Divine. Upon closer analysis of these translators' beliefs you will find that most of them are Trinitarians. For the Trinitarian a Divine being has all of the qualities of God and therefore anyone who has all of the qualities of God is God. So, to translate the verse and the Word was Divine is consistent with Trinitarian thought.

Jeff S.

• Double M
    Double M

I for one believe its a Book Publishers Book Club its pretty easy to see that in there History

• anewme
    anewme

OMG! At first I thought you were saying they released "The Kit" ....you know, Jonestown!!!!

I forgot about the Kingdom Interlinear Translation!

Jeeeesh!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    OMG! At first I thought you were saying they released "The Kit" ....you know, Jonestown!!!!

I forgot about the Kingdom Interlinear Translation!

Jeeeesh!

You cracked me up with that Anewme! I can't stop laughing - I suspected everyone would get the abreviation in the title. Sorry. Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit