Where is the Love

by evetteto 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• evetteto
    evetteto

ugh...I dont know how to really start this,,,but I'm a Christian and my husband was b4 our split in p1...however he returned home 3yrs ago on 12/17. However he returned a JW wannabee, actually he studies with them he hasnt been baptized in the org...its so funny how I am picking up alot of the lingo here ev'1 uses...lol....anyway, I can see where his love is so conditional and I hv to remind him that God loves us "unconditionally". I continue to give him the TRUE word of God!! I know that God will bring him out of the dubs but my patience with him and his condeming accusations are dwindling,,,any suggestions on what I can say to him or not say?

evette

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Welcome! You'll find so much helpful wisdom on this site! Good luck!

• blondie
    blondie

Welcome to the board!

Your subject line made me think of this:

Where is Love?
    Does it fall from skies above?
    Is it underneath the willow tree
    that I've been dreaming of?

Where are they,
    Who I close my eyes to see?
    Will I ever know the sweet "hello"
    That's meant for only me?

Who can say where they may hide?
    Must I travel far and wide,
    Till I am beside the someone who,
    I can mean something to?
    Where, where is love?

Every night I kneel and pray
    Let tomorrow be the day,
    When I see the face of someone
    Who I can mean something to.
    Where, where is Love?

Blondie

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I am sure the witnesses could tell you what to say or not to say, but that is not the way it is suppose to be, Matt 11:19, give it time, you can hardly change yourself yet alone someone else. What will be, will be. Continue to pray for strenght and wisdom from above, but continue to give the only source of truth, God's Word, if he doesn't want to listen to that, then do what you know is right. My ex, did the same thing when I want to just use the scriptures and within 3 weeks she left. Couldn't stop it but it revealed her heart, it was with the org and not in God's Word. Sad that people would believe the writings of man over the TRUTH.

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie
    actually he studies with them

You are still in time to get your husband to question what he is being taught.

Ask him how he would feel if you needed medical intervention requiring a blood transfusion and he was a match? Would he obey this "new religion" and not help you in your time of need? How is that a loving thing to do?

Let him ask questions regarding the policy of shunning. Who determines if someone is really repentant? Why should a mere human's evaluation of another person result in their being shunned by close firends? How is this loving especially in the case of a minor?

Also try to form a social network with your own church or community group. Sometimes people study with the JW just because they think it's better than being alone. Find out if he can join a group of people doing something he enjoys like a favorite hobby or sport. This way he won't rely too much on the JDubs for not having anything else to do on the weekends.

YC

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Welcome!!!!!

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

any suggestions on what I can say to him or not say?

Jesus helped the sick and needy, and told them of the kingdom, which was in the midst of them

Jws simply tell about their "kingdom to come, real soon, fair dinkum anytime now..." and have no charity to be seen. Jw charity is "blab blab blab blab blab goodbye" I think they're one of the few religious groups noted for not having charities.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Make sure you bring up "this generation" (prophecied of in every Awake up until 1995 when they changed it because they were all near dead); preaching work to be "completed in our twentieth century" (changed in 1989 when becoming obvious it wasn't going to be); 1975 (say no more); and all the other dates and falsehood....prior to 1914 that date was supposed to be the end of the system, not the new "beginning of the end of the system with an invisible Jesus".

He'll probably say that they have "new light" now - just tell him all the rest of us will check out "even newer light" later on, so there's no reason for concern....or wasting time on only the current new light

• evetteto
    evetteto

Hello Paduan

Funny you shd mention " taking care of the needy", cuz i hv a homeless feeding ministries where as i feed the homeless 1x week sunday dinner...and I mean delicious home cooked meals, nothing cheap...and I'm not tooting my own horn but its my husband who continually tell judge me on doing this and how it will not help me into God's Kingdom...however I press forward...Feed My People Ministries will celebrate its 6th birthday 9.07...My God will supply all my needs, accordiong to his riches, mind you I hvnt worked for 2 yrs on 12/17 and the government gives me no state aid...so Praise God!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit