Are there forums like this started before the year 2000 in exsistance?

by restrangled 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

As others pointed out, H20 was the premier site until JWD came along, and you can find the archives. ... but ...

There was also Eden Outpost, sometimes known as E20 ... it is still on line

and there was Jerusalem Outpost, sometimes known as J20, it is gone, but there may be archives.

Prior to these was "Jesus Witnesses, but I have no clue is archives exist. AlanF may know. Just look him up on JWD under "members" and send him a PM.

JIm Whitney

PS: What was your father's screen name? We had one very popular man on H20 who was building the archives. He died in his mid 40s. I wonder if he was the same person.

• sf
    sf

Ah yes Amazing. May Joe rest in great peace.

I still miss him a great deal.

sKally

• sf
    sf

Damn restrangled, give us a few hints.

I may have very well come across your dad back in the day, perhaps on a variety of forums and jw chat rooms.

You certainly have me intriged now.

sKally

• restrangled
    restrangled

Amazing and SF,

My father's screen name was "Billet" a type of metal used in his hot rod rebuilding hobby. He may have also used his initials DP or DAP. He was only 64 when he died.

Former elder prior to 75. I know he was quite active on the internet as it came into being up until he passed away. He was a big mathmatics guy so had a real problem with 607, the age of the universe etc and was really involved with physics, science, etc....I know he wrote a lot of stuff. My mother complained about it bitterly, and had his entire Hard Drive destroyed when he died by some little upstart MS.

I'm just wondering if someone out there might remember that screen name. I have a lot of researching to do ahead of me.

Thanks for your responses it means a lot!

r.

• restrangled
    restrangled

I will also be happy to PM details of his name etc., if someone asks.

Thanks everyone.

r.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit