What does God really require from us?

by MinisterAmos 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

What is required from us? The two most important things are to love God and to love your neighbor, following Jesus' example.

Since we already know that all God requires from us is love (and the respect that accompanies it of course) why do JWs feel they are "chosen" when they espouse hate?

Interesting that I have been asked to "push" the love part in field service, and told that the rest is "too much for them to understand at first." In other words LIE!

"We must hate (the Disfellowshipped person) in the truest sense, which is to regard with extreme active aversion, to consider (the Disfellowshipped person) as loathsome, odious, filthy, to detest." (The Watchtower October 1st 1952 Issue, Page 599)

Is this the kind of "love" you want to offer your neighbor?

• sinis
    sinis

How do you know thats what god requires from us? Yes loving your neighbor should be first and foremost as a MORAL guide, since the world would be a lot different if everyone practiced it.

If you knew that the roots of christanity were pagan (which they are) then how valid is the Bible? What if Jerusalem had been inhabited by Muslims? Would Christanity be a Muslim-Christanity mix instead of Judeo-Christanity? Time and geography have had the most impact on how religions form as do politics.

What if god created us and then gave us free will, which means he does not get involved, no matter what. If the bible is taken out of the equation, and we know the universe is infinite, what makes us so sure that there is not another race or life form out there? So did god REALLY create US, here on earth? Or did something else occur that brought life here? I know it sounds far fetched but the idea that we are FIRST and FOREMOST in this universe and that GOD ONLY cares about us, is very hard to swallow.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

God wants a cold beer and a hug..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos
    How do you know thats what god requires from us?

Maybe because Jesus said so?

I assume that you follow the christian bible since you're on a JW related site. Using that assumption and the assumption that JWs also follow the bible, then why would they claim to be Christians while at the same time urging members to hate their neighbors?

Jesus spoke of distancing oneself from tax officials, yet the WT has perverted that using the often misquoted words of imperfect men.

Who ya gonna trust? The son of God or some mook apostle whose words are twisted even further by the WT?

• daystar
    daystar
    I assume that you follow the christian bible since you're on a JW related site.

Waaaaaahahahahahaaahaaaaa!! *wipes tears* Thanks for the gut-buster there MA.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    Maybe because Jesus said so?

Where are "God's requirements from us" written ?

• mouthy
    mouthy

Micah 6:8

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

For those who do believe the bible;

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

The actual requirement is a response to Jesus. Along with Micah 6:8 which is a beautiful passage.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

What is required from us? The two most important things are to love God and to love your neighbor, following Jesus' example.

Since we already know that all God requires from us is love (and the respect that accompanies it of course) why do JWs feel they are "chosen" when they espouse hate?

You know, when I wrote my da letter, I spent hours reading and researching and picking out just the right words and whatnot...

If you took me back one year and I knew then and understood then this basic truth you have shared, I probably wouldn't have gone into it all.

I probably would have written something remarkably similar to what you wrote.

It is truly that simple.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

The Beatles sang: "All you need is love". Everyone knows that the Beatles were bigger than Jesus. If Jesus is God's son, then that makes the Beatles gods. So, to answer your question, the gods say: "All you need is love"! Good enough for me!

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit