"Publisher Cards"..

by young hearts, be free.. 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• VM44
    VM44

geevee wrote, "...so one day I just shredded heaps of them"

Geevee, I compliment you for your good work! :)

--VM44

• 5go
    5go
    fjtoth:
    When I was secretary, I got tired of dragging out all these old record cards of people who [knew better] had faded/moved on, so one day I just shredded heaps of them....all gone, and before I "stepped aside" I shredded all of ours bar one. They are supposed to send 8 years worth of them when and if you move.

If this site had a ex-elder of the year I would nominate you!

• young hearts, be free..
    young hearts, be free..

Thanks ithinkisee and everyone else :) I might have to do a little reconn mission myself !!

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Something wrong here.

I was born into the jw cult in 1935.

I left (got df'd in 1991)

In all that time in Calif. Oregon Idaho and wyoming I never once saw my publishers card or any thing else about me, being brought to me to see.

Even during that short time that I was an Elder.

Outoftheorg

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

When I was secretary , I was supposed to keep the cards for 8 years. They could be seen by the publisher , or were taken to elders meeting to help when discussing somebody for a position within the congo. The C/O also sees them when he comes

About the time I was leaving they introduced (In the UK) the requirement for each publisher to sign their card thus confirming theit agreement to the record, this for Data Protection Act compliance.

• blondie
    blondie

*** km 2/74 p. 8 Question Box ***

Publisher’s Record cards should be retained showing at least the last eight years of activity for each publisher. Older cards may be destroyed.

km3/73p.2YourServiceMeetings***

The congregation can be told that the field overseer will be at a particular location in the Kingdom Hall after the meeting and if anyone wishes to see his Publisher’s Record card, he may do so. This may be helpful to some in reflecting on what has been accomplished and what might be done to improve their personal ministry. (If the congregation is large, he may need assistance in distributing the cards and collecting them again.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit