please help me

by Ellie 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Ellie
    Ellie

I have a friend who is always argueing with people, just about everyone she comes across actually.

Last year she told me that a mutual friend had been talking behind my back, when I confronted him he was shocked and claimed he didn't know what I was talking about.

Now her ex partner is seeing a friend of mine and the stuff she has said they are saying about me is really bad, but again they claim its untrue.

If you were in this situation, what would you do?

• aniron
    aniron

Get a new friend

She obviously wants you all to herself.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I was in a similar situation where a bunch of us, all supposedly the best of friends, were talking shit behind each others backs. I had enough of it, so one day when all were present I decided to bring up everything, in front of everyone. A huge argument ensued. I laughed at them and left the house. I could hear the yelling from the sidewalk.

W

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Sit back and laugh. That's what I do.

There's rumors circulating through my family that my father paid for my wedding, and is financially supporting us. I think it's funny as hell, because he's too goddam cheap to financially support anything.

• Jez
    Jez

I wouldn't care what gossip ppl said about me, unless it affected my reputation at work. Then I would confront them. If it was personal shit between people, I wouldn't justify it with any response. I don't feel I need to convince ppl who I am because ppl believe what they want to believe most of the time anyways.

Jez

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

It sounds like your friend exaggerates things, to say the least.

I would take things she says about other people with a pinch of salt from now on.

• Scully
    Scully

Sounds like you need some new friends.

People who pretend to be your friend but talk $h!t about you behind your back are not real friends.

• blondie
    blondie

Not only are they not friends, they are probably really your enemies.

Blondie

• daystar
    daystar

See Blondie's and Scully's comments. Don't waste any more of your time. No matter what you may tell yourself, it's not worth it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit