"The Racism of American Warmongering"

by LDH 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Tina
    Tina

Well Julie, What you state is an unfortunate fact that it works the other way,but you'd better not tell it....might upset people.
    My first husband was murdered by a black man. My son and I were robbed walking to the idiot bookstudy by 4 black men.
    When I was a little girl,my grandfather,in his 80's was robbed,beaten,strangled and left for dead(he survivied) by 3 young black thugs,in the little tavern he ran.
    My second husband,after serving 2 tours in Viet-Nam,upon coming home,at the carwash,was shot point blank in the face in a robbery attempt by a blackman. Yeah,the facts are hard to swallow,it works both ways. hugs,T

Ps. I understand what you went thru in school.Here in Chicago it was awful too. I had just stared high school,and the rioting,gratuitous violence meted out was horrendous. I remember jumping out a lunchroom window when china plates started being whizzed my your head. I missed a lot of school because of fear and violence. We couldnt afford to leave the area.T

Carl Sagan on balancing openness to new ideas with skeptical scrutiny..."if you are open to the point of gullibility and have not an ounce of skeptical sense-you cannot distinguish useful ideas from worthless ones."

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi LDH: Thanks for posting this. I also saw it shared on another forum. It is a very sad commnetary because it is blantantly false in some parts, and twisted and over-reactive in other parts. Whoever this Tim Wise is, he appears to be ignorant of facts, and most unbalanced in his views. I plan to post a rebuttal later on today if I get time. Thanks again for bringing this out. - Amazing

• Room 215
    Room 215

Hi Tina, et al,
    This issue of racism is a tinderbox. In New Jersey, the politically correct are lambasting the police for so-called `racial profiling.'' Whether the reasons are explicable in socio-economic or racial terms continues to be hotly debated, but the facts--not opinions-- are that 5 percent of American society commits 30 percent of the crimes.
    With these numbers staring them in the face, how are the law enforcement officers of this nation, as well as the legislators and sociologists supposed to interpret them without being branded ``racist?''

• Tina
    Tina

Hi 215!
    How ya doing?
    Interesting stats. Before I answer,I'm going to run that by my son tonight. He's a criminal justice major,with a strong focus on corrections admin. It will make for a good discussion. I'll revist this and share more info then.Thanks! hugs,T

Carl Sagan on balancing openness to new ideas with skeptical scrutiny..."if you are open to the point of gullibility and have not an ounce of skeptical sense-you cannot distinguish useful ideas from worthless ones."

• circe
    circe

I appreciated the article.

I don't think Tim Wise is unbiased in what he wrote, but is anybody?

He made blanket statements about how America is "itching to bomb" Arabs, and I don't think that's true. But I do think he was expressing the fears of many people over the killing of more innocents in the attempt to "get" those that masterminded the atrocities against the U.S.

It's funny how some in the U.S. seem to believe that the U.S. can do no wrong.

I have no choice really but to trust Bush's judgement and hope he's not overly trigger happy.

Circe

Edited to remove one line that I decided was rude.

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

circe:

You seem to worry as to whether or not Bush might be too trigger happy.

It's been 16 days now, since the terrorist attacks in NY and DC. Let's compare that to the reaction of his predecessor, who launched missle attacks against the people on Yugoslavia and Iraq for weeks and launched missle attacks against targets in Afghanistan, coincidental to information about a certain blue dress being made public. I like Bush's measured response to this much better than you know who's.

I'm not certain that I've met anyone who thinks the United States can do no wrong. I just reject the notion that any wrongs done by the United States have anything of any relevance to do with the terrorist attacks in New York or D.C.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit