Save Darfur!

by Sailor Ripley 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

The below is the first page from this website at "Save Darfur." How do, anti-war "let's-just-talk-about-it" types condemn the US military in one sentence then ask for help in the next? Stars in Hollywood are my favorites.

I don't get it. How do countries expect our help, take Bosnia (Clinton) and now Darfur? Who goes? Our military, which is sooo hated? Who fights? Our military, which is sooo hated? Who dies? You've got it, Our military, which is sooo hated.

Is that a different military death than one in Iraq? Didn't Hussein kill a few hundred-thousand people?

President George Bush:

Every day, the 2.5 million people chased from their homes in Darfur face the threat of starvation, disease, and rape, while the few lucky enough to remain in their homes risk displacement, torture and murder. Therefore, we call on you to do the following:
    • Strengthen the understaffed and overwhelmed African Union peackeeping force already in Darfur.

• Push for the deployment of a strong UN peacekeeping force.

• Increase humanitarian aid and ensure access for aid delivery.

• Establish a no-fly zone.
  • JeffT
    JeffT

I suspect this is coming from the same crowd that slaps "Free Tibet" stickers on their cars without thinking about what it might take to actually free Tibet. I guess it makes them feel better while they're sipping their sugar free, non-fat, decaf, no whip lattes and talking about how much better the world would be if only the bigwigs listened to them and their poly-sci profs.

"establish a no-fly zone." what a joke. Nobody in darfur has an airplane.

• Mystla
    Mystla

"no fly zone"... only thing I can come up with is to keep the "bad guys" from getting arms brought in.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

babylon-mind thread. loaded with false focus, violent focus, because you america, do not understand.

there are humanitarian human people in the world, working to help, with their bare hands and lucid minds. bush is giving his "liberal" Dem budies something to scurry around and peck for scraps with.

i can see the thinly vieled violence of what you are saying and implying...um, Sailor Ripley. i can see it for what it is, and pardon me if i call you a troll! and i think it's sad that you find it necessary to to use the dafur situation to justify the violence, aggression and other policies of your own government.

if somalia had oil, not that i expect you to even see this simply as what it is, bush would not be asking for "us" to help somalis. he would be helping himself, with his interests and assets. but he can't won't, because his interests and assets are tied up elsewhere.

Therefore, we call on you to do the following:

who?

how many billions are his pupiteers spending on iraq? how many billions is the US government giving to human people with ideas that do not involve guns and ammo?

perhaps you fail to see that the world does not want your participation in world events right now, especially in africa.

you're empire is falling. it's a state of mind, and it doesn't care about darfur. spare us the smug jock smiles and fix your own mess in your own minds! take all the guns you have, and point them at yourselves for a change! meditate on that feeling it gives you for a while, and you will understand why the world hates you. note: medetation involves shutting up for a while, as a nation, when you feel the need, *once again* to reply to "anti-war" types like me.

I don't get it. How do countries expect our help, take Bosnia (Clinton) and now Darfur? Who goes? Our military, which is sooo hated? Who fights? Our military, which is sooo hated? Who dies? You've got it, Our military, which is sooo hated.

and actually, i think it is time the US got out of world affairs for a while. so no, i do not think sending american troops anywhere, including darfur, is going to help africa.

the US can finish itself in iraq, and when it is done, it should sit down and shut up for a few decades, and concentrate on their own inner problems, and leave the rest of the fucking liberated world to address real complexities. real human complexities.

the US is broken inside. how the hell do you think you are going to help outside? not to mention darfur!

keep your knights in kevlar armour to yourselves for a while. you have enough land. learn to use it and worship it, and stop interfereing with us, the rest! thanks george bush. maybe you were right.

Therefore, we call on you to do the following:

who?

not you.

good night violent babylon people, and your loaded, self serving, questions about africa. keep your money too, it's no good here anymore.

tetra

• Mystla
    Mystla
    take all the guns you have, and point them at yourselves for a change

This is from a pacifist? Nice!! That entire post was hate filled.. take a few deep breaths or something.

the rest of the fucking liberated world to address real complexities

Just out of curiosity.. which compexities are those?

You seem to have a problem with US citizens.. might I call it a prejudice? I happen to agree that the US is wasting time and money policing the rest of the world and should focus on internal issues.. but I'm sure you lump me in with all US citizens.. since we are obviously all exactly the same.. Just like I'm sure all Canadians think just like you do... no individuality left in the world, we are all judged by our governments actions.

I noticed you want the US to "finish" in Iraq... are you sure we shouldn't leave now and let Canada finish for us? Maybe we should have left Iraq alone to start with, but it sure is considerate of you to let us finish.

Attacking sailor ripley for expressing his views was way out of line.. get a grip

Misty

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

Tetra, for such an anti-war pacifist, you sure are one angry dude. ...or at least you're angry on this thread. I'm asking a question because I don't understand something, which I wrote. You can infer whatever you want. You guys/gals have your opinions so I'm looking for your input. I didn't get much/anything from your input, but thanks for sharing. I don't take your words personally. It's a freakin' forum. Henceforth, I'll simply discount not read your posts.

Now, for anyone that cares to help me out. I'd like to know, why is it okay to push an agenda, though under the guise of humanitarian effort, in one country but not another?

Maybe I'm just out-of-my-tree and don't get it. If that's the case then fine but it sure seems like we have a lot of mixed messaging.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Sailor, I wonder the same thing too. I am of the thought that some wars are more "noble" than others, and that the "nobility" of a war is based on the political persuasion of the sitting President when the war is begun.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hey man, whatever, it had to be said. if no one else has the guts to, doesn't mean it's not true.

"and i'll know my song well before i start singing.

and i'll live it and eat it and sleep it and breathe it.

and i'll stand on the mountain for all souls to see it."

bob dylan

just passing the torch on. it's for anyone to take up, you know?

and it doesn't have anything to do with not being american guys. i'm not canadian either. canada is just another state these days. i'm a member of the Neo Tribal Family. "solutions" that involve guns and violence, more of it, suggest a solution that directly threatens my family: other human beings, not just my "national neighbors". all humans are my family, and i am tired of the violence-cycles that people refuse to break, especially in word, for *whatever* reasons, and family dieing as a result. if my words seem violent, it's because i am breaking the cycle personally and locally, of which the internet is an extension. if my words seem "hateful", it's because we are not even speaking the same language.

and no, it was a false question, loaded with sarcasm. the world does not need/want your help with africa. do i think realistically that anything i stand for will triumph? not really. but i still know what the issue is. and so i'll call it as i see it. at least someone said it. the question you ask also implies you think that america should even be involved in and talking about this issue with others. and i may be alone in this, but i am saying that it does not involve your nation. take it personally if you want. thank you. good bye.

tetra

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

Maybe I should clarify. The info below my writing, asking for America's help in Darfur, is a copy/paste from savedarfur.org. I certainly didn't write it. I don't want us there.

I simply want to know how I'm supposed to justify our boys and girls fighting and dieing in one country but not another. When is it okay/socially acceptable/responsible to go to war? I can read for days the posts of people saying, "Out of Iraq now!". When will I see an "Out of Darfur" sticker? Why not? Is there no one on this board that supports UN and therefore US efforts/killing in Darfur? If that's the case then great! Hopefully we won't be involved at all.

As far as the sarcasm, well I don't know any other way to put it. I'm writing as genuinely as I possibly can.

Again, to be clear, when is it okay/socially acceptable/responsible to go to war?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

okay, well, sorry if i saw the sarcasm in your questioning as more than sarcasm. perhaps it is time for me to take a break from these discussions as well. i'm obviously not doing any good by becoming frustrated with entire nations and ways of thinking. if i was rude, i apologize.

take care,

tetra

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit