The Hypocrisy of the Governing Body

by radar 12 Replies latest jw friends

• radar
    radar

If the rank and file members of Jehovah’s Witnesses reject the Watchtower's thinking on Bible doctrine in some way, they are considered Apostate.
    Yet The Governing Body of J.Ws, themselves have rejected teachings of previous Governing Body members who have long since died and have proceeded to change interpreatation on things many times over,from Russell to Fred Franz.

Guess what they call it..........APOSTASY?
    No, this is called NEW LIGHT.

Radar

• Victor_E
    Victor_E

He who rules makes the rules, my rules for me my rules for you is the gb mentality.

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Radar,

thanks for your words...of simple TRUTH!

Victor: I do like your answer. Here we do say something

very similar: " ...NEW KING...NEW LAWS "!

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

• AngelofMuZiC
    AngelofMuZiC

I agree with you Mac.....truth, in it's simplest form...broken down from a compound into a basic element. If only JW's could see this. How could I explain this to a JW, who is currently having a difficult time in the org? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My Regards,
    Joanne

• Room 215
    Room 215

Operating in a vacuum totally devoid of criticism, the one thing these buggers excel at is the ability to rationalize anything. Cognitive dissonace in their specialty.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I'd call it 'false memory' syndrome.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

• CornerStone
    CornerStone

Hello Radar,

The king, (borg masters), does not need to justify his decisions to his subjects, (R&F), the subjects just need to obey!

There's a line from "The Matrix" that describes what the borg masters have created for the R&F;

A prison...for your mind!

CornerStone

• radar
    radar

Cornerstone

Matrix...one of my favourite films.

Mac Hislopp. Its amazing how these "simple truths" evaded me all those years.

Radar

• Englishman
    Englishman

Radar,

So we are not apostates. We are "New Lighters"!

Bugger, and I've just become a Last Thursdayist.

Englishman.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• Makena1
    Makena1

Englishman - your animated character is new right? Love it - although after watching it, had to rush out at lunch and down a pint of Guiness.

Redhook brewery makes a double black stout that has Starbucks coffee brewed in it. Tasty stuff.
    Salud!

Makena
    When it comes to ales, stouts, etc., the darker and nastier the better!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit