What or Who do JW's believe is Gog/Magog?

by booker-t 5 Replies latest jw friends

• booker-t
    booker-t

When I was a young kid in the 70's and we studied the "Nation shall know that I am Jehovah" book it really scared me especially the part of Gog/Magog. They way the elders would constantly tell us that we did not love Jehovah enough and we should do this and do that. I remember one time the bookstudy conductor told my bookstudy group that "if you all don't want to be part of Gog/Magog you should pioneer". Right after that my sister ran to the elders to sign up for pioneer service. She was really "devout" more than the rest of my siblings. She was baptized at 16 years of age in 1974. Now she wants nothing to do with JW's or the Watchtower. So my original question is What or Who do JW's believe is Gog/Magog?

• joe_black
    joe_black

From what I was told back in the day, Gog and Magog according to the JW's is Wicked/Evil People(Gog) from the Wicked/Evil Nations(Magog)

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

booker-t, according to the JWs insight vol. 1 page 981, Gog/Magog are the "Nations in the four corners of the earth' who allow themselfs to be misled by Satan after he is released from the "abyss." I have been out of that cult for about 3 years now.

• WCC
    WCC

Always here, only problem I am having is I can not find the 4 "corners" of the earth, all I see is one big circle. But on the serious side, yeah, from what I remember you're correct.

• blondie
    blondie

** w03 6/1 pp. 20-21 Stand Still and See the Salvation of Jehovah! ***

Gog of Magog is identified as Satan the Devil in his debased position since 1914. As a spirit creature, he cannot carry out his attack directly, but he will use human agencies to do his deeds. Who will these human agencies be? The Bible does not give us details, yet it does give us certain indications that can help us to identify who they will be. As world events unfold in fulfillment of Bible prophecies, we will gradually get an ever clearer picture. Jehovah’s people avoid speculation but remain spiritually alert, fully aware of political and religious developments that fit into the framework of the fulfillment of Bible prophecy.

*** w02 10/1 p. 16 Jehovah Blesses and Protects Those Who Are Obedient ***

For instance, the Bible tells us that Satan, in his role as "Gog of the land of Magog," will make an all-out attack against Jehovah’s servants, mobilizing hordes that are described as "a numerous military force . . . , like clouds to cover the land." (Ezekiel 38:2, 14-16) Outnumbered and unarmed, God’s people will look to the refuge of Jehovah’s "pinions," which he extends to shield the obedient.

*** dp chap. 16 p. 283 The Contending Kings Near Their End ***

Ezekiel, a contemporary of Daniel, also prophesied an attack on God’s people "in the final part of the days." He said that the hostilities would be initiated by Gog of Magog, that is, by Satan the Devil. (Ezekiel 38:14, 16)

*** w97 4/1 p. 15 Deliverance Into a Righteous New World ***

Having destroyed false religion, the political elements turn on Jehovah’s servants. Satan, "Gog of the land of Magog" in prophecy, says: "I shall come in upon those having no disturbance, dwelling in security." Thinking that they are easy prey, he attacks them with "a numerous military force . . . , like clouds to cover the land." (Ezekiel 38:2, 10-16) Jehovah’s people know that this attack will fail because they trust in Jehovah.

it-1p.981Gog***

The central figure, or leader, of the earth-wide assault against the Messianic Kingdom and its subjects, according to Revelation, is Satan the Devil. He is the only person in the Biblical record who can be said to fulfill adequately the description and role assigned to ‘Gog of Magog’ in the prophecy given to Ezekiel. The prophecy in Ezekiel concerning Gog therefore points to a vicious, earth-wide assault on God’s people, an assault engineered and led by the abased Satan the Devil. This attack is what triggers the complete wiping out of such Satanic forces by means of God’s awesome power.—Eze 38:18-22.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Oh God! It looks like we are the devils force as Gog tries to bring Jehovah's people to their end by the evil internet and us apostates. Another of Russell's prophecies comming true.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit