What or Who do JW's think that the "Anti-Christ" is? Dec Watchtower is conf

by booker-t 7 Replies latest jw friends

• booker-t
    booker-t

I recently read the Spanish edition of the December Watchtower on the Anti-Christ and I am still confused as to what JW's believe the Anti-Christ is. I know they believe that the churches of Christendom are part of it but the December Watchtower did not specifically state so. Also what do JW's believe is the mark of the beast and the 666. I never really got a definite explanation on this even when I was a JW's.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Booker-T, According to the vol. 1 insight book of the JWs, on page 116 an Anti-Christ is all of the churches, Apostates, and Kingdoms,Nations and organizations. So everyone is an Anti-christ but the JWs. lol. They believe the Beast is the U.N. and if you support the wild beast you accept it's mark "666". And you will die. You only get life if you are one of JWs.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

They opened up the "Anti Christ" to mean anybody that is anti J W , so welcome to the world of the antichrist

also :

Thus, the mark, whether on the right hand or on the forehead, figuratively speaking, is a symbol that identifies its bearer as one who gives worshipful support to the beastlike political systems of the world. Those having the mark give to "Caesar" that which rightly belongs to God. (Luke 20:25; Revelation 13:4, 8; 14:1) How? By giving worshipful honor to the political state, its symbols, and its military might, to which they look for hope and salvation. Any worship that they render the true God is merely lip service.

WT 01.04.04

• *jeremiah*
    *jeremiah*

I was very curious about this too awhile back. I checked out the Revelation book, and I might be wrong, but I only found one paragraph on the subject.

It basically said what alwayshere stated from the insight book:

an Anti-Christ is all of the churches, Apostates, and Kingdoms,Nations and organizations. So everyone is an Anti-christ but the JWs.

One thing I thought was funny though, was, after it mentioned who the anti-christ is, it went on about how this anti-christ "system" will force true christians to celebrate holidays. HA!

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

I say that Watchtower is a part of the Anti-christ

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere
    I say that Watchtower is a part of the Anti-Christ

And I say you are right!

• carla
    carla

just gotta' love all the unity of jw's! If I hear one more time 'we all believe the same....' load of crap!

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

i think that danny hazard was the anti-christ last time i checked on the cdrom.

incidentally, i met a guy this summer who sincerely believed he was the anti-christ. he made me listen to his whole schpeel about his life events, and how they fit in with prophecy. threw in a little numerology for good measure, and showed me the 666 tattooed on the back of his hand. impressive.

he was a nice guy though. from vancouver. liberals! sheesh.

tetra

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit