Can JW ' s vote?

by 5go 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nellie
    Nellie

Before this article was written, the information was given out at a District Convention. Our talk was given by our PO - someone I always loved listening to and always paid rapt attention to. I remember sitting there with my head cocked to the side and my mouth hanging open . . . On the way home, I turned to my husband and said, " Did he just say it was okay to vote? He DID just say it was okay to vote, right???"

(((still scratching my head)))

• sspo
    sspo

That article makes me angry.

Why can a JW vote in one country in order to avoid jail or a beating but get in trouble in the US if your conscience allow you to.

Tried to reason with some elders on that point but it was like talking to a stubborn mule. .

• 5go
    5go

I say I will and make an issue of it if they try to do something about it! And point to this article if they have something to say. Oh I know a sister that did something simular to that and they dfed anyway oh well. Man I hate double standard idiologs

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

I always thought it was not allowed for JW's to get involved with world politics & voting, based on the scripture:

"They are no part of the world just as i am no part of the world" John17:16, (Jesus talking about his disciples to his father)

?????????

• garybuss
    garybuss

"The Holocaust - The Forgotten Victims"
    "Yet, these statistics fail to take into account the thousands of non-Jewish Germans who also suffered as victims of the Holocaust for daring to oppose Hitler and his racist supremacy philosophy. Among these were thousands of Jehovah's Witnesses . . . " (Awake! April 8, 1989, p. 11)

Question: How would one oppose Hitler and remain politically neutral? Neutral is indifferent. Are they saying they were indifferent to Hitler while they were politically actively opposing Hitler? or were they involved in politics? I think this needs clarification.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

I was just told by an elder 2 weeks ago it's ok if you want to.

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

As always Gary, well said!

You don't pride yourself on putting out a propaganda machine to influence a particular party's position, (or by sending "representatives" to woo them over to accept the Witnesses as a legit religion), or initiate a letter writing campaign to stop persecution and consider yourself "neutral". What a bunch of horse schlok. In a democratic system we vote so our representatives can serve us. I need to drive on roads to get to work, but I don't have the time to build them, nor the knowledge. If I am to get to work I need to "hire" the appropriate people to "hire" the appropriate people within a specific budget. If they don't do the job, I can "fire" them by voting for someone else. By conventional Witness logic it would be wrong to hire someone to run your floor scrubber for your janitorial business so you have more time to attend to "theocratic" matters.

FBF

• garybuss
    garybuss

To vote, or to give the appearance of voting would be to give the appearance of being politically active (politically un-neutral). That means appearances aren't important anymore. That means NO appearances are important.

The appearance of voting is unimportant.
    The appearance of taking blood is unimportant.
    The appearance of lobbying and being politically active at the Watch Tower corporate level is unimportant.
    Not inviting your brother to your wedding reception is important.

• BCZAR2ME
    BCZAR2ME
    Can JW ' s vote?

I Vote NO

bczar

• 5go
    5go
    Can JW ' s vote?

I Vote NO

I vote yes, there for we cacell each other out

Share this

Google+