I'm back...

by Cori 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty
    My wife has been throwing comments out that confuse me. I wish she would question something, anything, so I can unload on her how I really feel. But all I get are these small comments. How she wished we could celebrate our daughters birthday, how Christmas is such a beautiful holiday.

Show her the picture of Christmas at Bethel and then celebrate.

jvchap.14p.199"They Are No Part of the World"***

This holiday was celebrated yearly even by members of the Watch Tower Society’s headquarters staff at the Bethel Home in Brooklyn, New York. For many years they had been aware that December 25 was not the correct date, but they reasoned that the date had long been popularly associated with the birth of the Savior and that doing good for others was proper on any day. However, after further investigation of the subject, the members of the Society’s headquarters staff, as well as the staffs at the Society’s branch offices in England and in Switzerland, decided to stop sharing in Christmas festivities, so no Christmas celebration was held there after 1926.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    My wife has been throwing comments out that confuse me. I wish she would question something, anything, so I can unload on her how I really feel. But all I get are these small comments. How she wished we could celebrate our daughters birthday, how Christmas is such a beautiful holiday. I don't react to them because I've had so much bad luck before.

Cori - Don't her comments indicate that she too is tired of the lie? Why not make an escape together. Did I miss something here?

Jeff

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    My wife has been throwing comments out that confuse me. I wish she would question something, anything, so I can unload on her how I really feel. But all I get are these small comments. How she wished we could celebrate our daughters birthday, how Christmas is such a beautiful holiday. I don't react to them because I've had so much bad luck before.

She might be having second thoughts about the org herself, or she could be testing your responses for other reasons. Be careful. Maybe you could tell her she's free to celebrate holidays if she wishes - she has such freedom under the constitution - and you won't interfere in any way. Let her take the first step.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit