Fatherless

by Junction-Guy 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Remember this post from the not so distant past? Yeah this plays heavily in the current situation Im in.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Dave, just remember that you are in transition right now. You've been through hell and back and you're trying to figure out who you are and where you go from here. That's YOUR decision, not your family's. Only you can take responsibility for your life; only you can live your life.

If they love you, that won't change. If they don't, it's about them, not you. We are all here to tell you that you're alright, you're a good person, and we like you!

Lots of hugs,

Nina

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

((((((((((Junction-Guy))))))))))

Hey buddy, you've had a tough time of it. Why don't you give yourself a break for awhile and see if you can focus on the positive and just let the negative slide. It will still be waiting there for you when you want to revisit it. In the mean time, enjoy your freedom and follow one of the million different paths in front of you...

• Satanus
    Satanus

Maybe you need to call him up and tell him how he failed you. Tell him some of the details that you mentioned. Of course, if you do, it will be something that you are doing for you, not him. So, whatever his reaction might be, it will probably not be relavent. Good luck. You are working your way back to the real, authentic you. It can be wrenching and terrifying. Besides this board, do you have anyone else that you can go to that will just listen?

S

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Actually I dont know who I can talk to about this, that is why Im seeking counseling. I have talked with my brother a little bit about this. My Dad for all practical purposes is out of our lives, he hasnt called in 6 months. He is JW through and through, a company man. Im looking to find some kind of local support group here.

• carla
    carla

My kids have a similar problem only their dad actually still lives in the house. Oh sure, the occasional day out as a family but in general he is not there physically and mentally? forget it, he never knows what the heck is going on with his own kids unless I tell him. Sad thing is they remember before when he was not a jw, life was so different. He wonders why they get insulted when he asks stupid questions that he should already know as a father. He has become a sperm donor, not a dad. Someday when the jw blinders come off I wonder if he will be able to deal with what he himself has allowed to happen with his relationships in life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit