has anyone seen this site of scanned WT material?

by truthsearcher 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

I came across this site run by an active JW.

http://www.strictlygenteel.co.uk/

Does anyone know more about it? There is no comment on the scans other than to say the site is being run as an alternative to "apostate sites":

"The intention is to provide access to publications which would normally be found in the library at a Kingdom Hall, but which often cannot be found there today.
    This is mainly for two linked reasons:
    Firstly: These publications are in short supply. They are now out of print, and there is only a finite number of copies, many of which are suffering the effects of time.
    Secondly: The rapid growth in the number of Kingdom Halls throughout the earth has meant that not every Hall can have a copy of every publication. Recently it has been suggested that each congregation language group have its own library, further limiting the availability of these older publications.

There is also another reason for these publications being made available in this way: Some of these books are available on the Internet through sites run by apostates, which means that the person who wishes to consult them may also be exposed to other material of an apostate nature.
    It was felt that the need existed for a "safe" site for brothers and sisters who wish to see these early publications to do so in the context of a website containing no dangerous apostate ideas.

This site is maintained by one of Jehovah's Witnesses who fully supports the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

The site is being extended as the publications are scanned and transcribed to web format. The intention is provide a library of early publications of the Watch Tower Society which can be referred to for research purposes, or purely for casual interest in Theocratic History.

It is appreciated that these documents do not reflect the current understanding of the Bible enjoyed by Jehovah's Witnesses, and for up-to-date information the reader is encouraged to visit the Official Site of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

• jgnat
    jgnat

It just goes to show that the internet is irrepressible.

• geevee
    geevee

No matter what they motive, REMEMBER "QUOTES"

• Clam
    Clam
    It was felt that the need existed for a "safe" site for brothers and sisters who wish to see these early publications to do so in the context of a website containing no dangerous apostate ideas.

About time too !

It is appreciated that these documents do not reflect the current understanding of the Bible enjoyed by Jehovah's Witnesses, and for up-to-date information the reader is encouraged to visit the Official Site of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society

But will the 'current understanding' itself also become obsolete?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Little does he know that us 'apostates' tend to find more wrong from the publications he has scanned, than from any other source.

What 'dangerous ideas' does he refer? That we expect the religion we have known all our lives, and that represents itself as 'Truth' - to actually tell the truth once in awhile? Yeh - that is Damn dangerous.

Jeff

• garybuss
  • blondie
    blondie

Regardless of the preface, I keep this in my folder of websites of WTS publications online. I find it a valuable asset in accessing older publications not on the WT-CD.

Blondie

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

I had to have a laugh about this.

The spiel's repetetive use of the JW pejorative "apostate" and its supposedly squeaky-clean motives seem to written in such a way to get JWs to feel comfortable with the site, unlike all those other nasty sites.

However, the likely motive of the site is to point out the same faults of the Society that the Quotes site did. And good on it.

But I can't give it full points for sincerity.

edit: Actually, after reading the 'News' page on the site, it seems the site may genuinely be against the evil 'apostates'. It's even sadder than I thought.

• Jourles
    Jourles

Hmm, let's see. My old Dirtclod site wasn't "apostate." I didn't have any commentary either. But the WTS still thought it needed to be taken down because of scans of their documentation they deemed as "copyrighted."

Give the WTS time. I'm sure they will threaten with a C&D letter kindly ask this brother to take down his material as well.

**Added: This person doesn't even provide scans. How are we to know that he didn't change the wording of the original works?

• Terry
    Terry

This is rather interesting and causes me to wonder about the motives of the writer.

Some Things To Bear In Mind Regarding Apostates

If you were to do a search on the internet for the writings of Charles Taze Russell, it is likely you would arrive at sites of apostate origin. True, they will have the writings on their site but often these sites use the opportunity to attack modern Jehovah's Witnesses and the Watch Tower Society. It is worth bearing in mind that: They will rarely - if ever - discuss doctrine. They tend to focus on the areas of personal attack, or attack 'controversial' topics. Very often, I suspect, these are areas in which the site's author has particular difficulty. For instance, it may be that they do not like preaching from house-to-house, so efforts are made to try to show that such a practice is unnecessary - or even unscriptural. Perhaps they have been disfellowshipped; then they try to show that this scriptural practice is somehow wrong. The most common areas seem to be:

• Disfellowshipping
    • Blood transfusion
    • The authority of the Watch Tower Society
    • Child abuse issues
    • Are Jehovah's Witnesses prophets?

Yet, while they are trying to focus attention on these matters, they ignore the fact that the beliefs of Jehovah's witnesses are based on the Bible. While they attempt to focus your mind on these subject, please bear in mind the following:

• Where did you learn the truth from the Bible? From the churches?
    • Where do you see genuine love in action?
    • Where do you see the Bible's moral standards being enforced?

Let us briefly examine these points:
    Did the churches teach you the truth about the soul? hell? the Trinity? Of course not! They have consistently taught untruth regarding these topics. They downgrade the Bible's authority in favour of traditional teachings.
    Genuine love is seen in the congregations of Jehovah's witnesses, and in their worldwide organization. Do the churches support war? Yes!! Are they divided by nationalism? Yes!!
    Do the churches support the Bible's moral standards? No!! Consider the subjects of homosexuality, abortion, sexual activity outside marriage. Only Jehovah's witnesses consistently apply Bible standards of behaviour wherever in the world you are.
    And one other point to consider - Jehovah's witnesses make Bible literature available in many languages at no charge. Why? To make profits? Hardly! Obviously from an altruistic motive - to help people apply the Bible in their life, and to have a good relationship with God. Do you see the churches rushing to make their literature available free of charge? or their ministers serving without charge? No!

It is evident that the apostate sites are not interested in truth, only with trying to attack the Watch Tower Society on other matters. It is rather like someone refusing to discuss your personal beliefs, but pointing to some supposed indiscretion of yours to try to discredit you in the eyes of others. Whether or not you made a mistake in the past is not the important point, it is what are you doing now that matters. How would you view such a person who consistently tried to blacken your character? I'm sure you would not seek out their company! Treat apostate sites the same way.

??? Can a human being be so naive?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit