Elder Manual - 10 Year Anniversary

by Black Man 16 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

What I find interesting is when you combine the rules about kingdom hall use with the rules about loose conduct.
    In order for the elders to determine whether you should have use of the hall for a wedding, they ask a series of intimate and graphic questions in order to work out if a kingdom hall wedding is permissable.
    In England, nearly every wedding is now NOT held at the kingdom hall, but at a register office, even elder's children.
    What does that tell you?

• LDH
    LDH

That most JW have so many friends that they won't fit in the hall all at once? [8>]

Lisa

• AlanF
    AlanF

To Felix a:

The old "elder's manual" was actually a three-part set of booklets published, I think, in 1977, 1979 and 1981. An expanded and updated version called "Pay Attention To All the Flock" was published in one hardbound volume in 1991. Sometime this autumn there's supposed to be another updated and expanded Pharisee manual put out.

AlanF

• felix a
    felix a

AF,

Now that you mention it I do seem to remember that the one I copied in the library 16 years ago was a beige/yellow and soft covered.

It was probably the Branch Book that was hard bound. I just remembered that I had a copy since my days at Bethel. Thanks...

Dave (felix a)

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Alan is right from what I recall. When I was appointed an elder late in 1991 I was given three white booklets. Within a couple of weeks we all recived the KS91 book and instructions on notletting our wives see the book or any other non-elder. When deleted an elder was to return the book.

When I resigned as an elder in January 1995 I returned my copy to the PO. I bitterly regret doing that now. Since I moved and left the country a few months later I could easily have kept it. It is not for the information in the book...that is freely available on line...it is the marginal notes I made during "training" sessions and meetings with CO's. That was the good stuff, that was the real policy stuff.

Besides, if I had kept I could have auctioned it on E-bay and invested the money for my retirement.

Thirdson (Often ashamed to admit to being a former JW elder)

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

Omitted the not...oops

• OhHappyDay
    OhHappyDay

Hi Felix A
    Are those copy's from the Branch Book available somewhere?
    Thank U!

• felix a
    felix a

U,

My wife and I are packing up to move in about two weeks... If you can hold out for a while and remind me I'll go through my files to see if they are still around. If so I'll scan them and get them out to you. But right now they're buried, if I even still have them.

felix a (David P)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit