Need some evidence

by spiceant 8 Replies latest jw friends

• spiceant
    spiceant

Altough i have litle confidence in the most of you folks i do have full confidence that you can actually help me with this even though i don't considder the most of you friends. You know the enemy of my enemy saying, right?

I want to confront the elders at my KH with WTS child abuse before i considder reducing my activities concerning them and i want to do this in the most effective way possible. I need some 1 dutch or close to Holland newspaper articles or 2 scanned (mainstream) newspaper articles that will help me get the seriousness of the issue to them. Most preferably some concerning the WTS Pedophile Database. I do NOT want to use internet evidence as in internet pages printed out. I need something that wont trigger instant rejection by any elder that can stumble in his watchtowerism. Please, help. I won't just leave JW's without effectively confronting them with this.

regards, ant

• loosie
    loosie
    Altough i have litle confidence in the most of you folks i do have full confidence that you can actually help me with this even though i don't considder the most of you friends. You know the enemy of my enemy saying, right?

Wow that is an intersting to ask for help!!! Maybe I am reading this wrong..maybe there's a language barrier.

• skyking
    skyking

The crosshairs you put on yourself better be worth it because nothing you bring forward will keep you from being accused of getting it off an apostate site. From the moment you share with them untill they deam that you are a dead spiritual body out of the congregation is only a matter of time. Good luck. Go to silent Lambs Web site it will give you everthing you need. http://www.silentlambs.org/

• spiceant
    spiceant

On earth there doesn't seem to a lot worth more then honesty and a right standing before yourself and your parents. I just don't believe in the getting around things that some people do. I don't want to bargain when it comes to things like this. Its not what the prophets do, its not what Jesus did. They got up in their faces and i do know what happened after that, but thats not the point. The truth is worth dying for, not that JW's kill... or don't they. Lets look it up from another angle. Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell Mat 10:28 (Draw your own parallels). Despite some popular beliefs Spiritual Jesus was no pacifist and for good reason because lies do not deserve pacifism. Ill read it my own different way. Do not be afraid of anyone chopping your head off, rather be afraid of anyone chopping and replacing the head Christ. (That is, with a magazine). We (saved people) apparantly don't need magazines anyway, thats what Jeremiah 31:33-34 was all about.

I cannot just abandon JW's altough i myself don't stand to loose such a horrible lot anyway (unless you prize 7+ hours a week of attending). For now i can live with their watchtowerism as it appears to be of ignorance, but i want to be there to take that ignorance away and give them a chance to choose. That is, just like Moses did with the Israelites or God with Adam & Eve. If they don't welcome me, theyll be mighty sorry on judgement day, but it won't be my concern. I would want to try and open up choices here too, but i find it almost impossible over the internet, it doesn´t compare with face to face. There is an iran curtain of anonymity.

Should i adress my interesting request? that is because of some unsympathetic judgemental ifyoudontdothis posts. Because of unsympathetic selfish mockery from posters that seem to have an lookatfunnyme deficit. And i'm not sorry for saying that, its the way i see it.

Ill work on with silentlambs first now.

Whatever i do i trust God to do it with me or without me, rather then other way around as in I'm doing it wether God is with me or not!

yours hopefull, Sander Buruma

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Can't offer you any more help spiceant but I wish you well and pray for your success.

God be with you whatever way you decide to tackle this.

• moshe
    moshe

I won't just leave JW's without effectively confronting them with this.

It's your choice. Stay in the KH until you are 75 years old, used up and bitter about all those wasted years OR leave and have a life.

You could have the actual child victims come to the KH to testify to the Elders about child abuse and you know what they would say? " It's unsubstantiated hearsay"!! "Get outta here!". -No evidence will be good enough for you to persuade any Elders to join you in leaving the KH- unless he already has big doubts about the WT.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Hey Spice,

SilentLambs.com would be a place to start. I just poked around there for a few minutes and found a few links to mainstream news sources that have documented the child abuse problems within the Watchtower. You could write to those sources and ask about obtaining transcripts of the broadcasts.

Good luck. Like was mentioned already, you aren't going to change anyone's mind in the Hall. Anything that speaks against the Watchtower is lies, as far as they are concerned. But if it gives you closure to bring it up, this would be a way to head with it.

Dave

• jgnat
    jgnat

You are going to have to do some of the legwork yourself. I can't read dutch. I suggest you subscribe to the dutch google news service.

http://news.google.nl/news?hl=nl&ned=nl_nl&q=jehovah

You can copy the text in to a word document and reformat it to remove all internet references. It's a bit of work, but I think much better than anything I can do.

• yesidid
    yesidid

A lesson on "How to Win Friends and Influence People".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit