shunning for blood

by Mable 4 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Mable
    Mable

Is it true that people aren't shunned for accepting blood? I heard that this is left to the individual's conscience? Mable

• skyking
    skyking

It is a don;t tell we want ask you policy now. Example if sister so-n-so saw that you had a transfusion and she went to the Elders and told them, thy are not supposed to even ask you if it is true. The Elders are supposed to tell her thanks they will take care of it and then they shelve the matter and do nothing about it.

Now if you let it known you had a transfusion then you automatically disassociate yourself just like if you had joined the military. So do not own up to it the Elders can not investigate the matter or even ask you if it is true.

With all that said this is what they are supposed to do, In real life it might happen differently.

• Mable
    Mable

I don't understand. Aren't the Elders enforcing the blood rules anymore?

• bubble
    bubble

They are getting too much bad publicity over the blood issue including some jws suing the org. Perhaps that's why they've adopted this mushy new 'rule'. It's easier than scrapping the blood ruling altogether, that would cause too much of a backlash.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

skyking - can you provide any references (Flock book, letters to BOE) for this? I understood that accepting a blood transfusion was definately considered an act of disassociation, and therefore a JW who accepted blood would be shunned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit