Is the Watchtower changing their teachings again?

by rare treat 3 Replies latest jw friends

• rare treat
    rare treat

Has anyone noticed in the new Awake! magazine about Jesus that the year 1914 isn't mentioned once? In view of their teachings, this year definitely should have been mentioned. Are they trying to drift from this teaching?

• skyking
    skyking

Most differently

• blondie
    blondie

I'll have to check that out when I get it.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS does not mention 1914 in the Awakes much anyway.

2005 8 times

2004 9 times

I checked the January 2007 and there is no mention of 1914.

While not mentioning 1914, they do mention in the December 2006 issue that you referenced the following:

"the last days" fits exactly the times in which we live
    Evidence is abundant that now is the time for the fulfillment of the following Bible prophecy....Daniel 2:44.

The WTS also mentions Matthew 24:3-12 and 2 Timothy 3:1-5. This is the second approach that they use, the signs of the times rather than calculating the year 1914. Remember that the Awake is designed mostly for non-JWs and focusing on 1914 would be avoided until the person was hooked a bit more.

When I was a JW, I never bought into the time calculations which I figured were too vague, but felt that the conditions mentioned at the above two scriptures were more convincing.

If you see 1914 dropping off in the WT, that might be something to consider. But remember this 1914 is the foundation date for 1918 (when the resurrection of the deceased anointed began) and 1919 (when Jesus returned to "inspect" the WTS and designate them the only true religion on earth).

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit