The TRUE source of FDS enlightenment

by gordon d 13 Replies latest jw friends

• gordon d
    gordon d

This recent article in the Watchtower caught my attention.

Where could such spiritual enlightenment come from?

Are we most likely in the last days? Without a doubt, the Signs point to yes. The Faithful and Discreet Slave has said, “Yes, definitelyIt is decidedly so” and “it is certain.” Therefore, you may rely on it. There is no reason to ask again later as the outlook is good for Jehovah’s Christian Witnesses. Although we cannot predict now the exact hour, the outcome is uncertain and it does not look good for those that reject God’s chosen messenger. Because their minds are hazy, “ask again later” or “my reply is no” is most likely their doubtful response when we try to place our life saving literature. Certainly, the outlook is not good for those that hear God’s message but don’t count on it!

Hmmm.......For some reason, it sounds kinda' familiar....

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

When was that written? Because I do think the Magic 8 Ball was used in the 70's, so it might explain the language.

• Backed away
    Backed away

Hey Gordon!

Good stuff, can I add to the Magic 8 ball, they also have a big bag of fortune cookies to use in case of writers cramp..

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Looking_Glass, you could have used wikipedia, as I did, to learn that the Magic 8 Ball was invented in 1946.

Back then, of course, it didn't have the high-tech power source, and relied on burning cakes of dried horseshit to power it.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Thanks Nat for the info. I was not looking for the date it was created, but the time it was so popular. What I remember it was when I was a kid, which was in the 70's. I will have to see if wiki has a graph to show its rise in use. I don't know that it is so popular today like it was back in my day. I just remember as a kid, everyone had one ... except for JWs because it was demonized, along w/ the little smurfs.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Maybe there is a funny guy in the writing department...seeing how far he can go! That is a good catch....most of the readers will highlight it, but not really see the words.

• bebu
    bebu

That was a recent article? Or a compilation of 8-ball-type statements that are simply typical of the WT?

I should have figured it was the magic 8-ball behind the FDS!!

bebu

• gordon d
    gordon d

Sorry for the confusion everyone... This IS ONLY A PARODY....

I wrote it using Magic 8-ball lingo. It just struck me as odd that it sounds so "Watchtowery"

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Good one Gordo, we did fall for it!

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Well....that is too funny, cause I really thought it was from the WTS....cause it didn't really make sense. HA ha ha!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit