My JW Mothers' Words Of "Love"

by Ranchette 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Well, I just received a letter from my mom and I don’t know how to describe my feelings at this time. I thought I’d share parts of it with you and see what yall think. I will delete names and add my own words in parenthesis to describe whom she’s talking about.

After a few lines of small talk she says this……….”I do want to tell you, since (you and your husband) have rejected the truth, I am so glad (your son) is not old enough to join or be drafted into the military. Thoughts came to my mind of what it would be like to have him be sent back in a body bag, and I suppose that would be a real possibility since you’ve allowed them to take part in other worldly things. Of course if it takes years, like they say it might, I guess the possibility is still there.
    When they do squelch the majority of terrorism, I can see the possibility of the notable cry of Pease and Security, since the US and allies and even some who aren’t allies are drawn together in this. There is no turning back the wheels that are in motion. And I for one am so glad to have the truth and know what the future really holds.
    I do foresee if the end comes in our lifetimes, which I know you reject evidently like other truths of Gods word, that just as Jesus foretold, children will deliver up parents. Luke 21:16&17 By that time you’ll be so far removed from natural affection that when pressure is put on you, you won’t give it a second thought and certainly since (your husband) has been terribly hurt over and over by his parents, he probably wouldn’t have any qualms of doing so. I know you don’t believe this will ever happen in your case.
    I’m stating fact, not trying to be meant.
    Anyway time will tell how everything works out. The truth of Jehovah’s word is the truth
    And it has been fulfilled that he would unite people in true worship, whether we accept that or not. It’s also been fulfilled that there are those before the end who have beaten their swords into plow shears.
    They can never be accused of taking innocent lives, and Jehovah is the one that will judge and execute those inside and outside the Christian cong. who are committing wicked acts and refusing to do his will"………….
    I love you and my grandchildren dearly,
    Love,
    Mom

• openminded
    openminded

I'd remind your mom that; she, you, and your son are all gonna end up in bodybags in time. Hopefully if everything goes okay, she will go first,then you, and then your son. Oh yea, and your all gonna pay taxes in the mean time. -OM

• detective
    detective

That is really sad. What more can I say? It's just sad. I'm sorry you got that "love" letter. It was cruel and unnecessary.

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

Oh man, that sounds like something my mother would write.

You are not doing wicked things deserving of destruction and you are not the one turning your back on your family. Don't let her guilt trip get you down. That's just her way of trying to "scare" you back to the troof.
    You should ask her how she'd feel if her grandchild died because of your refusing them a blood transfusion. Then, she'd probably be proud of their taking a stand for what they believe in, right?

Try not to let it get to you,

hugs,

Anne

"When caught between two evils I generally pick the one I've never tried before." Mae West

• nelly136
    nelly136

((((((((Ranchette)))))))
    could almost feel the lurrrrv oozing out of those
    words as I read it, every time I read one of these letters
    it reminds me what a loving organisation I left

<<<By that time you’ll be so far removed from natural affection that when pressure is put on you>>>>

if writing a letter like that to my kids classes as natural affection then the further I can get away from it the better I like it, sorry you got a letter like that.
    nelly

• Makena1
    Makena1

Ranchette: thanks for sharing the letter from your mom. Spiritual blackmail and threats - sounds familiar - perhaps your mom knows my dad?
    While still an elder (with examplary Jdub family to boot) I wrote him regarding a family dispute, and received this reply: "Do what you have to do, but Jehovah will judge between us." End of story. Basically sounded like he was handing me over to Satan?

Its tragic how many otherwise decent people are cut from the same judgmental clothe that the WT has brainwashed them into wearing. Sorry you and so many others have to deal with this.

Best wishes,
    Makena

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

Hi Ranchette-

Your mother's letter is no doubt about her love for you. However, it is even more about her fear. She is scared and she is afraid that her god will murder you soon. This terrorist attack in New York City has the JWs on the offensive with their supposed message of hope which sounds good at first but in the end does not deliver the comfort that it claims to have. Instead it delivers a life of fear and works that drains a person of their energy and stunts a person from growing to their full potential.

My sister and I had an interesting discussion a couple of days ago. My sister was raised as a JW and fortunately can see through it. However, my parents are very active in it and are using the scare tactics of the terrorist attack to promote their belief that their god is going to kill lots of people soon. They are using this to scare my sister into going back to the meetings. Fortunately, my sister sees through this tactic as well.

I can remember a number of years ago when I first left the JWs, my brother who was raised a JW but never got baptized wanted to know why I left. We talked about many issues. One that was particularly interesting to him was when I asked him what was the first thing that came to his mind whenever an act of war was reported on the news. He said, that the first thing that came to mind was that the end of the world was near. Then I asked him what the first that came to his mind was when a peace treaty or agreement was signed and reported about in the news. He said, that the first thing he thought of was that the end of the world is coming. I pointed out to him how convenient it is for the JWs to have all of their bases covered.

It reminds me of the scene in Huckleberry Finn where the slave Jim tells Huck his fortune. Jim tells Huck that he has a good angel on one should and a bad angel on the other shoulder. If Huck listens to the good angel then Huck will be good, if he listens to the bad angel then Huck will be bad. Jim had all of his bases covered, but Huck thought that Jim had just given him a real view of the future. LOL

The saddest thing my sister told me was that my JW mother, who does *everything* the Society tells her to do, believes that she is probably not good enough to make into the new system. This event in New York coupled with the special attention it appears that the Society is giving this event, must be scaring my mother to death. It will also no doubt motivate her to do more for the organization in the hopes that someday she will be good enough for the Watchtower god.
    Again, this is another example of how the Watchtower "gospel" fails to deliver the comfort but it does deliver much fear.

Jeff S.

• Seeker
    Seeker

JWs, emotionally, are like children: distracted by every shiny object that comes into their line of vision. Their latest shiny object is the WTC attack, and now they are all excited and sure of themselves again. A few years from now the same ennui will set in and discouragement will be rampant. Then another shiny object will come up in their view and they will get excited all over again, forgetting all their past disappointments.

When they do squelch the majority of terrorism, I can see the possibility of the notable cry of Pease and Security, since the US and allies and even some who aren’t allies are drawn together in this. There is no turning back the wheels that are in motion.

ROFL! She needs to read more history to see how often alliances fall apart when expediency calls. I am afraid she is in for some serious disappointment in the years to come.

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

{{{{{{{{{{Ranchette}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Oh man, I know how you feel. Believe me. Just about every word that comes out of my mothers mouth is that 'loving'!

A couple gems from her repertoire:

(after finding out I put up a christmas tree)

"You disgust me. Turning back to Babylon the great. You'll pay for this someday."

"I'd let your daughter die rather than ever let her have a blood
    transfusion"

Ah yes. Parental love. A big HUG for you and I hope it helps a tiny bit to know that many of us are in the same boat!

*hug*
    essie

"Though you may disappear,
    you're not forgotten here,
    and I will say to you,
    I will do what I can do."
    ~Peter Gabriel

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy Ranchette,

I do foresee if the end comes in our lifetimes, which I know you reject evidently like other truths of Gods word, that just as Jesus foretold, children will deliver up parents. Luke 21:16&17 By that time you’ll be so far removed from natural affection that when pressure is put on you, you won’t give it a second thought and certainly since (your husband) has been terribly hurt over and over by his parents, he probably wouldn’t have any qualms of doing so. I know you don’t believe this will ever happen in your case.

I’m stating fact, not trying to be meant.

I've not heard this spin before - and I believe she's using a "poor me" attitude to you. Like......."you'll deliver up your poor ma to the evil government because you won't have any natural affection for your poor ma." Your husband? Well, her words are clear - she dislikes his parents - so they get what they deserve.

I agree that she loves you - mothers usually do. But man! Is she spinning all the webs she can to entrap your emotions, because obviously she's not interested in your thinking abilities.

She's good, I'll give her credit for that. Brings motherhood guilt-trips to a new low.

Walk away into the sun, hug your healthy son and fine husband. Enjoy your life as best as you can - the best revenge. And when ready, give your poor momma a hug too.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit