THIS got WT Leaders thrown in Jail

by Tallyman 30 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

This inglorious episode is described in the "proclaimers" book on pages 651,652.

Apparently the clergymen's comments were "forcefully declared"!

When opposition to the quotation in "The Finished Mystery" surfaced, Joe Ratherflawed instructed the printers to cease printing. Also in their defense they claimed that since the original comments were still freely available and without penalty, why should the WTS be charged with sedition?

BTW have you noticed that the officers of the Society were charged in order of height! See illustration on page 653

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

• peacepipe
    peacepipe

I believe in the DANIEL book that there was a page or so about those men being in jail and how (as someone mentioned earlier) that they were released and these events fulfilled one or some of the prophecies in Daniel. For someone who has not studied the bible all their life this still put up a red flag in my mind.

PeacePipe

Lift me up, I've had enough. . .Tom Petty
  • drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

I seem to recall, from the book Faith On The March, that when these ex-cons were released and returned to Brooklyn, they were trying to determine whether or not they should continue printing the Watchtower and other subversive publications. So they decided that if there was enough coal to heat the buildings, then Jehovah was giving them the green light.

So I'm thinking if the federal government had kept these punks locked up a little longer, they might have run out of coal. The Witnesses would have been reduced to a loose knit group of Russelites. My father would have never fallen victim to the decietful teachings of a nutball Witness. I would have grown up in a normal environment and not wasted so many years of my youth and young manhood.

So you see, we can blame this whole thing on the federal government.

Drahcir bin Yarrum

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

Saint Satan,
    Now there's an idea! "No jw, mormon, muslim, christian, or larouchians (you know) allowed to peddle or push their religions, either from door to door or in any public place..."
    I've often wondered about biblegod's need to employ multi-level marketing techniques. At least the old gods and goddesses have a little dignity. They do not feel the need to have their adherants hawk their wares on the street corners, door to door, or on TV infomercials. No offense to followers of biblegod, but it's actually a little embarassing to watch at times.
    You KNOW when one of the ancient ones is inviting you to get to know them. "God" is best heard in complete silence....
    how's your meditation going?
    Peace,
    Bridgette
    p.s. what's a larouchian?

• Tallyman
    Tallyman
    TheOldHippie:

So all pacifists are idiots, is that what you said, tallyman, in your first message?

Old Hippie,

I am not going to dignify that answer with a question!

And I dreamed I saw the bombers riding shotgun in the sky
    And they were turning into butterflies above our nation

Nice dream, but the alarm clock woke a lot of dreamers up
    with a very disturbing Brrrrrnnng! on the morning of September 11

Wonder if Joni realized she was ripping off the prophet Isaiah?
    ... you know, the swords/plowshares thingie.
    Doubt it.
    Her muse, named "Art", who (co)wrote her lyrics and music probably didn't inform
    Joni that she was plagiarizing the prophet's concept with that Woodstock anthem.
    That is,
    unless "Art" really bucked the ancient trend of Muses, who are notorious
    for loving to trick, deceive, lie, and just generally screw with the minds
    of humans, as Evil Discarnate Entities are so very disposed to do.

Isaiah's dream/vision/prophecy?
    Future.
    Beautiful when it occurs.
    For Now?
    Reality Bites.
    Hard!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Bridgette

I have let meditation slide a bit during last while. Thanks for asking.

Larouchian - a supporter of lyndon larouche, the altra extreme right winger, with a wing missing. He has a political cult, which YOU KNow [nothing] suggests that he follows.

S

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

S.,
    Thanks. going to search engine to learn more.

Bridgette
    p.s. everything waxes and wanes. You will again feel the need for the tranquility of meditation. It's hard to still the mind when things are like they have been.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Great research.

Bangalore

• irondork
    irondork

tag

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Did not read through the entire thread but remember that the reason that The Judge Rutherford needed to stay out in San Diego was due to some lung issues he got whike locked up in that Atlanta Prison.

NJY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit