I had the baby!

by unbeliever 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

Congratulations!!!

Being as he is such a good little boy do NOT be fooled into complacency and decided to have another one soon!!! You never get two the same...I promise you! Our first was an angel! The second an absolute little devil!! The others were....well.....not quite as bad as the second......but they tried!!...and still are trying!

Have fun and enjoy your babe!

• juni
    juni

Congratulations sweetie!

Dylan Rhys - a very solid name. He looks like he was a good size baby? Lots of hair and cute as can be!

Take care of yourself and do take time for naps when he's laying down. I know it's hard 'cause you have a lot to catch up on, but while you're still recuperating it is very important.

What was going on in February?

Blondie, that was Valentine's Day in February!!

Juni

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

Believe me I am getting all the rest I can. I have a lot of help until Sunday. It was so wonderful having so much family in town when he was born. He could not have come at a better time. After Sunday it will just be the 3 of us. Neither of us have other children so we don't have experience watching a child for an extended period of time. I've watched my neices and nephews and when they got to be too much I sent them back to their parents. I'm nervous but we will be okay.

• vitty
    vitty

Ah hes lovely......................and by the way they usually sleep for the first week then wake up ! How much did he weigh?

It always amazes me, even when they are tiny, that a few hours previous they were all curled up inside your tummy

And Rhys is pronounced by rolling the R, and rhyming it with grease..................thats the Welsh way.

Also Dylan, is pronounced Dullan not Dillan...........but you will know that one

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

Vitty,

He weighed 7.4 pounds. He's got really fat cheeks but he is so small. I cannot roll my R's to save my life so I just call him Reece. lol

• juni
    juni

He looks larger than 7#4!!

Newborns are a lot of work and attention seekers! I had 4 so I speak from experience. The last baby was colicky. What hell! But now they have help for those babies and understand it deals more w/acid reflux and they outgrow it and they have meds for them now. That was back in 1977 when my youngest was born.

BUT REMEMBER - if you're alone with Dylan and you start feeling overwhelmed, CALL SOMEONE. Be it an in law, friend, nurse on line (I don't know what kind of insurance you have), neighbor or whomever. And don't think you're an awful mom if you have to have a break or need help.

Keep us posted how the little guy is doing.

Love to you both,

Juni

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Congrats on Baby Dylan

• Ellie
    Ellie

Congratulations Unbeliever, thats great news, there is nothing like being a mum, it just gets better and better, and thats a very beautiful Welsh name that you have chosen.

All the best to you and your new family!!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Congratulations. Enjoy him!! I love the name.

I just saw the pictures-he is gorgeous. I love new babies and he is a beaut.

Shelly

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I gotta say, I am 40 now and figured I was finished with the baby stuff. . .is there some 'virus' going on in the JWD board? Should I be worried? Isn't this the 4th baby in the last couple of weeks? Was there some big party 9.5 months ago that I missed? Whats the deal?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit