Why do relationships fail???

by brokenhearted 12 Replies latest social relationships

• zagor
    zagor

Well you don't really know what is going on, do you? If he's not ready to tell you, try to respect that. I know it's hard. I made similar mistake once. But when strong feelings are involved you sometimes can cross boundaries even if everything inside you is telling you to just chill out for a second. And if you work in hospital I'd reckon that would make you stressed even more. So go for a walk, take a weekend off, do something else for a change.
    But what megsmomma is saying is so true, in fact it's funny but I've been thinking something similar today, sometimes we may overwhelm someone we are in love with so much that we practically sabotage everything.
    Speaking of Carrie and Mr Big, they had many break ups and came back again, so if you two are made for each other, the nature will do its magic again

• brokenhearted
    brokenhearted

He's coming over for dinner tonight, wish me luck :)

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hi. welcome to the board :)

love doesn't last because the chemical in your brain that your mind and emotions are feeding off of when you are falling in love, dopamine, eventually runs out because the brain cannot produce it over long periods consistently. it is then replaced with oxytocin, a chemical associated with the emotional attachment mothers and children have to each other. a different feeling all together, see? some relationships don't make it to this point. often because someone in the relationship is addicted to dopamine.

there was a way cool National Geographic article on this about 9 months ago. check it out!

the thing that i find about emotions like "love", is that they are not really real. if you experience an emotion that has an opposite, like love and hate (or ecstacy and hurt), then it is not a real "thing", it's an emotion, because it can be replaced with it's so-called opposite so easily. it's only real love if it would never turn into anything else, and still grow.

but love can be found. it has to be inside you, in it's true form already, though, imho. which means you have to already love yourself. the amount of love you can give is only really equal to the amount you have for yourself, imho. and the amount you can accept, is only equal to the amount you have for yourself, as well. so, there's a good place to start!

take care,

tetra

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit