More Earthquakes? What did Jesus really mean?

by FuzzyPaul 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• FuzzyPaul
    FuzzyPaul

I think that when Jesus said "... there would be Earthquakes in one-place after another ..." he was saying those things would happen but that those things were not the sign, HE said those things must take place BUT THE END IS NOT YET. Disasters are unavoidably distracting. What Jesus said was of similar content to his discussion of the Galileans whose blood was mixed with a Sacrifice or those 18 persons who died when the Tower of Siloam fell on them. The point seems to be: The end of the age comes when the good news has been preached to his satisfaction.

Randy Watters has an essay that at first confused me since he called Jesus answer to the request for a sign about his presence as a non-sign. What I now understand is that the WTS explanation is a non-sign manufactured from a passage easily misunderstood. Jesus meant, There is going to be certain great troubles but that isn't what I want you to look at as a significant event as a sign ("The end is not yet") this is : The preaching will be done and THEN THE END WILL COME.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/122249/1.ashx

I e-mailed a University of Cal Prof Agnew about a theory of mine that Global warming would change the period of the Earth's rotation by redistributing the mass of Water from the Polar regions to areas farther from the axis which would slow the velocity of rotation. p=mvr which is conservation of rotational momentum. Move mass outward in radius (increasing the gyrus of rotation) and the rotational velocity in units of radians slows since m, mass is considered a constant and p cannot change. He informed me that the speed of the Earth's rotation is being monitored as one means of measuring the rise in sea level but that the acceleration was very small and therefore the Forces generated F=ma would be small.

When Noah's flood occurred, if a large mass of water fell in several days from an altitude of tens to a few hundred miles to the Earth how much acceleration occurred and would that have been enough to break up the Pangean continent into the numerous tectonic regions we see today?

I think that evidence exists that the rotational velocity of the Earth did change and that as a result of Noah's Flood. When I see highway cuts through the Applalachian Mountains and view the incredible displacements I must ask: Movements are due to unbalanced forces. The Earth was cooled into a uniform oblate spheroid and then POW all this enormous movement happened making mountains and moving South America and Africa apart a huge distance and India went from the East Coast of Africa into the Asian sub-continent with enough force to push up the Himilayas - and so-on as I see it. A significant force would be needed and my view is that Evolutionary Non-science needs millions and billions of years to sound plausible but the geological events such as those which formed the Grand Canyon and mountains is within the last few thousand years. 24 hour day creation ideas need not apply. Dinosaur bones with dried flesh still on the bones are reported found. Not Mammoths but Dinosaurs. 65 million year old jerky? I don't think so.

Zechariah and Revelation both predict a great earthquake at the time of the end in the region of Jerusalem splitting the Mount of Olives. That seems different than a [non] sign using earthquakes in one place after another. As said before, Jesus wanted us to look at what really mattered to him for us to be involved in - spreding the good news.

Any physics buffs with a notion to add and expound upon? Or any scriptural expositers?

Paul

• Carmel
    Carmel

....and the king of the north is....?

• lighthouse19something
    lighthouse19something

Earthquakes realy mean political shake-ups, established goverments being overthrown

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit