HEY YOU AUSSIES

by tijkmo 37 Replies latest social entertainment

• deeskis
    deeskis

Awww, cricket...............yawn.............

snore..........

(but then I'm not really an Aussie!)

• Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Hey Clam,

It's not a bad little pitch, there are a few little cracks that will start to open up towards the end of day 3 which is really going to suit the the more accurate bowlers (not to mention what Warney will do on it). IT's the kind of pitch that will really favour the team batting first, but regardless of that, the English bowlers haven't bowled very well. I believe this pitch will reward good accurate bowling. It's quick and bouncy although there isn't heaps of sideways movement.

The thing is, I don't think I've ever seen the Australian team this confident or determined. They really want to win this. Real bad. It will take something amazing from England to retain the ashes.

Cheers
    DK

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

deeskis:

You snore???? !!!!!!

• Clam
    Clam

DK cheers mate. When England won the ashes, I along with many of my cricket loving pals were under no delusion that the Aussies were still the world's number one. In their own back yard more so. England have suffered from injuries, erratic form and captain changes; we needed to improve from the ashes winning side, but we've gone a bit backwards in my opinion. I'm not optimistic but I just hope it's as entertaining as the last one and not one sided like so many other ashes contests have been of late.

• Frog
    Frog

yer all signs point to a decent pommy whipping hehe tis one of the few things we do well, so please dont begrudge us this one luxury lol x

• Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Hey Frog,

Geez been a while since I've bumped into you... How are things?

I think you are going to get that pommy wolloping you so desire.

Shame about the england injuries. I was really looking forward to seeing Mahmoud up against the aussies. I was pretty certain he'd be one of england's ashes heroes.

One thing that baffled me today was Freddy's bowling of himself in short stints... He'd bowl 3 or 4 over spells. He only gave himself 1 over with the 2nd new ball. Yet he appeared the most dangerous of the bowlers. What's going on with that? Any english fans make sense of it?? Somehow the captaincy doesn't feel right on his shoulders, me thinks.

DK

• Clam
    Clam

DK - Freddie has traditionally been a strike bowler. Vaughan normally turned to him when he desparately needed a breakthrough wicket. Simon Jones too. That's why a lot of people weren't happy about Flintoff being captain, because they thought he'd bowl himself in very long stints and burn himself out. Doesn't look like that's going to happen. Shame Panesar isn't in the frame at the moment. He's been a good breakthrough spinner too.

• Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

I hear ya clam, but Freddie should bowl himself in longer stints if he wants more wickets. One of the theories is that he hasn't developed enough match fitness so he's saving himself as he wants to last the whole series. Well he's definetely the best bowler out there for england at the moment. Shame about Mahmoud. I really wanted to see him take on the Aussies. Not just yet i guess...

Well i hope today is as interesting as yesterdays play. Good luck to Punter. Hope he gets a double.

DK

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Apart frrom the players, the whole atmosphere between the fans is just great! The Barmy Army are having a good time, there was no trouble at the Gabba, not one arrest! One guy was evicted after having sneaked in a trumpet.

It's all just such a great event!

Pope

• Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Oh... poor guy. What have they got against trumpets...

At least he could've done a half decent rendition of God save the Queen. Not like the one they played on the start of Day 1.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit