October 7th Ex-JW gathering in San Francisco

by Stacey 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Stacey
    Stacey

I hadn't seen any recent posts about this event. Tonight I spoke to Paul Thomason, the organizer of the event. He said that last year they had about 18 in attendance. He's hoping it will be a larger crowd this year.

The gathering will be at Golden Gate Park, Lindley Meadows starting at noon on Sunday, October 7th. It will end at sunset. He's planning on setting up croquet, and is hoping that someone else can bring volleyball equipment. He said that no one is really organizing food, but to bring a dish to share.

Just for kicks, how many of us will be attending from the board? If you plan to go, please post here!

I'll be there, cant wait to meet some of you!!

Stacey

• LDH
    LDH

Stacey I really wish I could go (I'm in Fresno) but due to my crappy pregnancy I get carsick, so I won'[t be able to make it.

I love to cook and bring picnic foods though, so make sure I stay on the mailing list.

Lisa

• rem
    rem

My wife and I are planning on attending. It would be neat to have a "great crowd" of apostates in such a paridisaic setting. LOL

rem

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so."
    ..........Bertrand Russell

• Stiffy
    Stiffy

WHOA WHOA WHOA, San Fransisco?? Are you people trying to avoid me? :P :)

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

i will be dere!!!!

dungbeetle... STILL cleaning up the crap.

• basketwhy
    basketwhy

Will be there also.....

• Introspection
    Introspection

Here I am, send me! Oh.. Sorry.

"Who can face the knowledge
    That the truth is not the truth?" -Rush, Distant Early Warning

• Stacey
    Stacey

Anyone else? Just a little bump....

Stacey

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

90% chance I'll be there, with a friend.

If someone lived a trillion X longer than you, and had a billion X more reasoning ability would he come to the same conclusions as you?
  • AlanF
    AlanF

I can probably make it for a little while. I just found out I'll be in the SF area on business, but I'm flying out of San Jose at about 4:30, so I can probably be there from 12:00 to 1:30 or so.

Stacey, could you please email me with info on the exact location?

Thanks,
    AlanF -- [email protected]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit