Would U Pray To God Under ANY Circumstances???

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Even if you say you're not a believer in "God", if something bad was happening, would you ever give it a shot, and ask (Jehovah) God for help???

• Honesty
    Honesty

I pray to Jesus. He's answered my prayers a lot better than the Watchtower's Jehovah ever did.

• delilah
    delilah

Probably. I do pray, every once in awhile, just to say thanks.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Yes, at the same time I pray to the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Kwin

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Been there, done that--no thanks. I know no one is there in my time of need.

• minimus
    minimus

I figure if I might die in a tragic accident or because of illness, I'd pray. Hey! Why not??

• girasole
    girasole

sometimes i do pray but in more of a meditative sense - not to a god. I think that there is value and power in "talking to yourself" as it were. I think if you talk to yourself or "pray" about certain things that you would like to achieve or circumstances that you would like to have - the more likely it is that you'll seek out the people and opportunities that will help you to achieve what you want in life - and it is more likely that you'll be open to those possibilities when they cross your path.

Though I've never really been in a life or death crisis I think the same benefit may apply. possibly "prayer" or self-talk in such a situation would clear the mind and allow for the consideration of other possibilities or how to best help oneself or others.

girasole

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

The first and last time I prayed under tragic circumstances, my daughter lived, and then I joined the jw's.

• minimus
    minimus

LS, one out of 2 ain't bad.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Yes, Min.
    I no longer feel that prayer contributed, though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit