Just attended a SAD program on Saturday...........................

by enlightenedcynic 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

SAD = Special Assembly Day

I've never been to one. They started that after I left

• z
    z

is this the rat he was tallking about?

JH (*_*)

• codeblue
    codeblue

lol...just look at the definition of SAD: special assembly day

Nothing special about it, it can indeed make you sad though....

• Warlock
    Warlock
    is this the rat he was tallking about?

LOL.

Good one Z.

Warlock

• blondie
    blondie

Oldtimers can remember when the circuit assemblies were 3 days long, Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday.

Then it was peeled back to just Saturday and Sunday.

Then either the CO's schedule or the schedule of the assembly halls were overcrowded and one of the circuit assemblies was scaled back to just a day with a Bethel speaker flown in to give the public talk (and one other).

It came under the heading of SIMPLIFICATION

*** km 2/87 p. 3 Simplification Helps Us to "Make Sure of the More Important Things" ***

SPECIALASSEMBLYDAY

For a number of years now, about half of the circuits in this country have had opportunity to hold a special event each year, featuring a speaker from Brooklyn Bethel. On such occasions a two- or three-hour program has been presented. The Society is adjusting this arrangement so that beginning September 1987, it will be possible for each circuit or section of a circuit to have a special assembly day.

The circuit overseer will advise congregations in his circuit of the date scheduled by the Society for this program. This will be a time during the year that will not be too close to the date of your regular circuit assembly or the district convention. Circuits that are assigned to an Assembly Hall will be able to use these same facilities for such occasions, on either a Saturday or a Sunday. This means that, wherever possible, two different circuits or two sections of the same circuit will be able to use the Assembly Hall on one weekend.

Where circuits do not have an Assembly Hall available, all sections of a circuit may come together for a special assembly day if this is convenient for all the congregations and if large enough facilities are available. In some of the larger metropolitan areas where no Assembly Hall is available, two or, at the most, three circuits may meet together for this purpose.

The annual special assembly day will prove to be another fine occasion for spiritual upbuilding and instruction. Scriptural information that is needed for our times will be presented by assigned speakers under the direction of the Society. In many cases, it will be possible for certain qualified brothers from Brooklyn Bethel to share in the program along with local traveling overseers and other qualified elders in the circuit. Also, you will be glad to know that on these occasions arrangements will be made for a baptism. Thus, there will still be three opportunities each year for those who make a dedication to Jehovah God and who complete a review of the questions in the OurMinistry book with the elders to be baptized.

• Honesty
    Honesty

The annual special assembly day will prove to be another fine occasion for spiritual upbuilding and instruction. Scriptural information that is needed for our times will be presented by assigned speakers under the direction of the Society. In many cases, it will be possible for certain qualified brothers from Brooklyn Bethel to share in the program along with local traveling overseers and other qualified elders in the circuit.

I wonder how many of these special assembly days brother Cano was privileged to speak at during his tenure as a Bethel elder.

• nonamegiven
    nonamegiven

A few weekends ago I went to a circuit assembly. Well, I just went to one day. I told my wife I could not possibly take both days of it. But it is funny how you look at things now. Before I would hear something and it would kinda prick my mind and I'd dismiss it like a good JW. Now I put it in my mental file of things to fully research to get a true understanding.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit