I need your help

by misguided 4 Replies latest jw friends

• misguided
    misguided

I had a conversation with my mother yesterday, it was "business" as she was retiring. I got to talking to her about Russell and his pyramidology. I told her to go check the Studies In The Scriptures Vol III and she'd find in the 1904 edition the date of 1881 (or was it 1887?)and in the 1910 edition, 1914. I know she could easily look it up, my grandmother has at least one of those editions in her library, and she lives with my parents.

She said, that the light got brighter...blah...blah...blah...and that it's what's now that counts. I said in some cases the light just keeps flipping on and off. I gave her a few examples, but she wanted proof. I've got some stuff together, but you folks are so great I'm hoping you can help me get my "proof" altogether for her. I need flip-flops.

She agreet to read it if I mailed it to her so that my father didn't read it.

Maybe...Wishful Thinking....but if it gets her thinking???? Could I have my mother back???

Thank you all,

Rose

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I hope you get her back. The biggest flip-flop I can remember is the whole will the sodomites get a resurrection thing.

Anyway, good luck.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Well, until somebody can actually hand you some helpful links, I just Googled 'Jehovah's Witness Flip-Flop' and got several links to investigate:

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=mozclient&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&q=jehovah's+witness+flip-flop

Your news sounds VERY, very promising! All the best!
    Baba.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

There is some good examples of the many wts doctrinal flip flops in Quotes, here's the link

http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk/flip-flops.html

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

The thing JWs never realize is this

Why would God ever choose for himself and organization that had promulgated false prophecy, promoted demonism, lied about it's past, and worshiped its founder as a channel for truth?

The light gets brighter is an excuse for "I really don't feel like putting any of their claims to the test". The only way to really make it fly is to put those claims to the test.

There is a great 1990 Watchtower (I think it's march 15) that states everything the WTS was doing in 1918 that made it able to be chosen by God. Going through the list you will find that almost none of it is true with organizational history. By using their own publications you can show they don't qualify to be the faithful slave.

Another thing I was thinking about is 1918. If there was a faithful slave chosen there had to be an evil slave right? Well, what made that evil slave the evil slave? It is amazing what you will find in the publicaitons. They basically say that the evil slave promoted the idea that Russell was the Faithful Servent (slave) and wanted to worship him and that is what made them evil. But if you go through JW publications of the time you will see that this was promoted BY THE WTS itself. They did what the 'evil slave' did!!!!

In some of the more rescent JW publications I think they have tried to say the evil slave class where people who didn't want to go out in field service and that is what made them evil. But Rutherfords push on service didn't come untill much later. What they try to do in some cases is pull things togeather that are years apart. They are trying to say that the evil slave was rejected in 1918 for doing thigs in the mid-late 1920's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit