Loaded Language

by OnTheWayOut 7 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I already knew JW's used a special language so,

After reading Steve Hassan's COMBATTING CULT MIND CONTROL,
    I have decided not to use the "Loaded Language" of JW's. I am still in a
    fade, so it will be difficult, but it can be done.

Using terms from "the Truth," JW's feel special about themselves and
    this helps them separate themselves from "the world." By incorporating
    loaded language, JW's learn NOT TO THINK, but merely to memorize
    words and phrases instead of analyzing a situation.

The reasons someone misses meetings is because they are "spiritually weak."
    They might be involved in "worldly thinking."

Whenever I am not in the congregation, I will refuse to use these words and phrases.
    Even in the congregation, I will break myself of the habit, but my new choices will not be
    so obvious.

A publisher is now a "recruiter" or "Magazine Salesman." In the congregation, I will say
    he is a "door-to-door Witness." (They like that one, but it breaks me of their control.)
    I don't want to say all of them. Help me out. What other substitutes can you think of?

ESPECIALLY ONES THAT ARE NOT OFFENSIVE FOR A FADER TO SAY IN THE CONGREGATION.

• gordon d
    gordon d

Maybe a little reverse psychology... portray yourself as a very zealous sister and try adding some words that may seem supportive of JW doctrine but actually "highlight" the real attitudes of Dubs... who knows, might get someone's attention.

Examples:
    Witnesses... "The Chosen Ones" "those that obediently accept what we're told"
    FDS... "Mankind's ONLY mediator to God"
    The GB... "Modern day Apostles"
    Song book... "Our collection of the only songs that bring joy to Jehovah"
    Non-JW's... "Bird-Chow" "the un-forgiven"
    Publications... "Our key's to unlocking God's approval"
    The GB... "the righteous Sanhedrin"
    The JC... "the cleaning crew"

• gordon d
    gordon d

Wow... I was just thinking how powerful these types of statements could be a showing the foolishness of WTS paractices.. and still protecting your "reputation"

Imagine a bookstudy or watchtower discussion where the topic was about how JW attire sets them apart. You could be in total aggreement with the speaker by saying,
    "Yes Brother, If we are to truly please Jehovah and avoid disciplinary action be our Elders, we should make certain that our entire wardrobe is chosen with the thought of what is the "approved" attire... While shopping, I like to think, "Would the Brothers on the Governing board give me permission to buy this if they were here watching over me?"

It would be hard not to convey sarcasm but it would sure get my attention!

Eewww... I just threw up a little bit in my mouth!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Thanks Gordo

I will take the amusing stuff too. That's what makes the JWD fun, but I was thinking along these lines-

Instead of "The Faithful and Discreet Slave," I say "Those still alive that partake at the Memorial"

Instead of "Brother" or "Sister," I say "Tom" or "Suzy"

Instead of "priveleges in the congregation," I say "work assignments"

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I don't know if you should use these in front of active witnesses, but it could be fun.

• Elder - Hypocrite
    • Ministerial Servant - Hypocrite
    • PO - Hypocrite
    • Service Overseer - Hypocrite
    • CO - Hypocrite
    • DO - Hypocrite
    • Bethelite - Hypocrite
    • Member of the governing body - Damn Hypocrite.

Good luck...

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

This so-called Theocratic language' is hard to break as the mind control was so ingrained.

I've noted that many on this Board, who obviously are anti-Watchtower, some who haven't been JW's for years, etc. still use the term 'In The Truth'! THE TRUTH????????

Outaservice (who left the truth many years ago.)

• garybuss
  • Abandoned
    Abandoned

garybuss,

I checked out that site and found this:

Awake!
    News-oriented companion magazine to {The Watchtower}. Notice that the {exclamation point} is a part of the title. It is sometimes left out in casual writing. It should not be.

Hilarious!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit