Blood, Watchtower, Deceit, Aretaeus

by hawkaw 36 Replies latest jw friends

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Go down to the bottom and click on "Silentlambs". This goes into the child abuse stuff. That will really kill you like it did me. Then go find out what happened in Malawi Africa compared to Mexico. Another killer. This blood thing and not letting little kids have life saving platelet transfusions along with the chemo to cure their cancer is just - ohhh - the words just can't come to me but in the same breath they allow a witness to have another part of blood, albumin, for a burn treatment.

Keep in mind that it is not a Jehovah's witness who you are talking to but actually the corporation. Jehovah's witnesses will not think for themselves.

They need to be taught everything. Then once taught they spew out what the leadership has told them to be "the truth".

Go into Randy's web site (Freeminds). Randy has some great articles on how witnesses are under coercive persuasion tactics and how one should deal with a witness. Like I said it is not their fault its just they have rose coloured glasses on them and can't see what freedom is all about.

At Randy's site you can link to a guy named Steve Hassin. He is the best of the best when it comes to understanding what "cults" are all about. Get his book and read it. Then get Crisis of Conscience by former Governing Body member Ray Franz and read it.

Good luck and remember don't be mad at a witness - they want that - the leadership wants to show and teaches they are being persecuted.

Again read Randy's stuff on how you should deal with witnesses. Yelling and tell them the way it is won't work. Its like a stranger telling a mother that her trusted son is a serial murderer. It just isn't belived.

hawk

• Moxy
    Moxy

freudian slip, sarah?

i'm not an x witness nor do I do anyone that close to me that is one

sorry, couldnt let it go...

mox

• waiting
    waiting

[Moxy - you Canadian fox....this was a serious thread, thank you. I thought only 'mercuns noticed things like that.

Howdy Hawk

Once again, we are indebted to you for your fine, and exhaustive, research. As jw's - we were really quite lazy intellectually. The WTBTS specifically taught us that we didn't have to spend long hours researching scientific, geographical, historical, political, religious stuff - they said that they had the resources to do the research for us, and they put it forth in volumes of information, such as the Blood Booklet.

It absolutely never occurred to me to check the validity of a quote, or if the quote actually backed up their teaching. A quote always looks good - like "See here! This intellectual agrees with us!" And then the WTBTS stopped giving references to many of their quotes, so that none of us could look up the information, if we were so inclined.

It is told, that the brain of a vulture, and the heart of a raw cormorant, and the domestic weasel, when eaten, remove the disease; but I have never tried these things. However, I have seen persons holding a cup below the wound of a man recently slaughtered, and drinking a draught of the blood! O the present, the mighty necessity, which compels one to remedy the evil by such a wicked abomination! And whether even they recovered by this means no one could tell me for certain. There is another story of the liver of a man having been eaten. However, I leave these things to be described by those who would bear to try such means”.

Aretaeus was rightly indignant, even repulsed, by the stories going around of what people would resort to in order to try and save their lives. To hold a cup under a dying man to catch his blood to drink is barbaric. What he said, most of us would definitely agree with.

But....that's not how the WTBTS used this quote. They used it like they used the other men you researched. The WTBTS twists the words of other men, current and dead ones, to promote their own teachings.

The assumption at this time must be, with so much research having been done into their quotes, the WTBTS cannot support their teachings without twisted reasoning. And because of the WTBTS' twisted reasonings - millions say they are willing to die in support of the non-biblical teaching propogated by the WTBTS.

If one were to still believe in the Bible, one could rightly look to the WTBTS as "The Anti-Christ."

waiting

ps: Btw, you do realize that most people who live near the beach rarely go to the beach? Just one of those oddities. My cool sister will be here soon - heading to Charleston with her. Ahhhh, the shopping and restaurants there! Don't go without an open credit card.

• SarahT
    SarahT

*giggles* sorry that was typo

I have read little about the abuse, because it was too painful

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Hey Maximus! I've really missed your posts. Sorry about the "clique" stuff. It was all nonsense. So glad you're back. I'm really learning a lot from these posts.

Keep em comin guys!

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

"Went to the site lastnight, and I am still in shock and sadness and hopefully someday soon they will take your findings and reform their *Rules* Also downloaded the movie, watched it and cried."

SarahT, what movie? What site? Please inform me. Thanks!

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

The SarahT is talking about is:

( http://www.ajwrb.org

hawk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit