Jews for Jesus VS. JWs - Which one is closer to the 'truth'?

by Santisimo 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Santisimo
    Santisimo

Here's my question, which organization do you think follows the teachings of Christ more accurately, Jews for Jesus or the JWs?

After all, Jesus DID live and die as a Jew not a Christian. James, the brother of Jesus carried the congregation immediately after his brother's death and he too, lived and died as a Jew (even though he was killed by other Jews who considered him a blasphemer).

It's not until we get to Paul that things change and the Jesus movement falls under the control of the gentiles.

Given all this, if the Jews for Jesus movement is following the Bible in the same manner as James, wouldn't that make them more worthy of the "true religion" title that the JWs claim to hold?

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Don't know enough about the 'Jews for Jesus' movement to say. You'll have to tell us more. I don't think it's a question of who is following James, or who is following Paul, etc. It seems absurd to try and carve up the new testament like that. You either accept the entire NT canon or none of it. It's a question of who today is following Jesus' own sayings and teachings correctly as recorded in the gospels.

• BCZAR2ME
    BCZAR2ME

Are the Jews for Jesus allowed to have facial hair?

That says it all right there!

bczar

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Maybe the group Jews for Mohammed would be interesting to examine.

Rub a Dub

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

yaddayadda:

It seems absurd to try and carve up the new testament like that. You either accept the entire NT canon or none of it.

Why? That is exactly what was done when the bible was canonized in the first place.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Not sure what "Jews for Jesus" you are referring to, but you should be aware that many if not most "Messianic Jews" are Christian Evangelicals (hence accepting the full NT canon and especially Pauline inheritance) under Jewish coating.

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

My cousin married a Messianic Jew. She and her husband attended Messianic meetings. But because she did not have a Jewish background, she felt excluded and alienated. They eventually found another evangelical church where everyone was welcomed and treated the same.

"Truth" like beauty can be in the eyes of the beholder.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    Are the Jews for Jesus allowed to have facial hair?

LOL!

Warlock

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Star Wars VS. Star Trek - Which one is closer to the 'truth'?

The question is just about as meaningful.

• moshe
    moshe

Most Jews for Jesus groups are just fronts for envangelicals to proselytize Jews. It's really an oxymoron- Jews for Jesus, don't you think? We had a Messianic Jewish church nearby for about 10 years- it didn't take off and the parent Church who was bankrolling it apparently pulled the plug and they quietly closed it. I have never met a Jew who took the Jesus story seriously.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit