I am thinking too hard but.......

by megsmomma 9 Replies latest jw friends

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Have you ever thought about how things end up making sense to JW's? Like the Trinity cannot make sense because 1+1+1=1 doesn't add up...right? BUT........ a virgin conception,having miraculous sewer systems, plastic beach balls, and seat belts on elephannts in the new world is all good....ughhhhhhhh,where is the thought processes in this?? (I know....there are none....but UGGGGGGGhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHH STILL!)

• new boy
    new boy

It looks like its about 5:26 in Texas---------------------------------So tell us the truth are you on your second Martini?

NB

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

LOL........That's good! I am not drinking as of yet....but as a true "pink neck" (We aren't quite red necks....but will tail-gate in our own driveway in a neighborhood) me and my hubby drink Milwakee best light! Now....I don't want to get crap for this everyone....so.....Please no teasing!

• Kaput
    Kaput

Pabst, Blatz & Schlitz....hmmmm.....breakast of champions stuff!

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb
    me and my hubby drink Milwakee best light! Now....I don't want to get crap for this everyone....so.....Please no teasing!

nowaynowaypukerollingrollingrollingrolling

You drink that _ _ _ _?!?! And you live in Texas?! I'm ssoooooo ashamed of you!! (not really)

You know you left yourself WIDE open for that!!!!

• Warlock
    Warlock
    me and my hubby drink Milwakee best light! Now....I don't want to get crap for this everyone....so.....Please no teasing!

No teasing...................................but ALOT of sympathy. Over 30's should be on the hard stuff.

Warlock

• new boy
    new boy

Cheap Booze?

"I could never bring a boy home here------------ YOU smelling of cheap Booze!"----------------------"CHEAP BOOZE? I spend 2 dallors a gallon!" W,C. Feilds in "The Bank Dick"

• DoubleYouBee
    DoubleYouBee

Lol - that's a familiar expression of my own - AAARRRRRGGGHHH! That's how utter frustration is spelled. Like you, though - my mind was 'checked at the door' and I just nodded along with every other hynotised witness, thinking someday when I'm a "mature Christian" it will all make perfect sense and I'll 'get it'. Funny, that now we have matured to the point that we finally do 'get it' - it's turned into quite a blessing! Many have expressed those same feeling when shedding the WT dogma - and I'll add "having the scales fall from my eyes", "walking out of a fog" and "waking up to reality through crisis"... and don't forget "I was DECEIVED - those wicked bastards!!!"

Another thing is the isolation we felt in common - that we were the only ones with questions and doubts or maybe *gasp* a rebellious spirit. All along I think we had to actually ignore the holy spirit's leadings to believe and accept the WT's leadings - that's just how we had to deal with the conflict of mind and heart. That's a wonderful way of saying it - your heart and mind are now in sync - YAH! It feels SO good... I remember, at THE point when I had to stop denying and accept reality - thinking with clarity for the first time in a long time - the first thing I thought was: wow! - this is what Jesus really meant - the truth will set you FREE! A ton lifted off me immediately. I almost felt like I could fly and it was the best feeling in the world!

The situation with your mom really hurts... my heart goes out to you, Megsmomma. Patience and love and time, dear sis. Maybe that church is radiating God's protection, though, huh?

LOL - new boy - "Wouldn't you love to have that nose full of nickels?" LOLOL

ps - we home-brew our own beer and it's SO good.... but it doesn't last long when the word gets out we've got a new batch ready.....

WB

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

ps - we home-brew our own beer and it's SO good.... but it doesn't last long when the word gets out we've got a new batch ready.....

WB

I want to do that someday - I just have not done the research to know how. Any leads on where to start?

Jeff

• DoubleYouBee
    DoubleYouBee

Hi Jeff! There are a lot of sites online you can order from - Google 'home brewing'. About 10 yrs. ago, hubby and I drove to Indy to 'Wine Art' and bought all the neccessary beginner stuff - the 5 gal. carboys, tubing, thermometer, bottle-capper and caps and our first beer mixes. But since then we've bought from a couple of different companies. We use and reuse our bottles, which we were fortunate to be able to scavange before everyone recycled them - now most manufactured beer bottles are twist-off and you can't use those, so you have to buy them first starting out. There are so many different flavors to choose from - lager to lite, Irish, German, American... It's really fun and so easy... and rewarding - "Here, try this - I made it myself"! Our homebrew is a bit stronger than regular bottled beer - and there seems to be no aftertaste like with a lot of beers - YUM! If you want more details I can pm you our online sources. I make wine too, but since that last batch several years ago haven't really needed to - 10 gallons of wine goes a l-o-n-g way around here! I'm bottling it and giving them as presents for Christmas this year.

WB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit