Active Jw's with an advantage

by DazedAndConfused 1 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

Someone earlier (can't remember who, sorry) asked if it would be right to warn a householder about the dangers of this religion. (paraphrased) The gist of the thread, according to my recollection, was to contact this person because they seemed to be aware, more than the average householder.

It got me thinking. I stated that this person had an advantage, they could write to this person annonymously. I have since thought about it and I thought the better thing to do is keep track of the addresses of those who are thinking about a study, keep track of their addresses and then send something to them stating, in a nice organised way, the fallacy's of the cult. Don't write the addresses down in front of the other people in your group, but if necessary go back later and get the address.

Nothing confrontational, just facts about the religion. As I stated in the other thread, you could send this annonymously by not adding your address on the envelope. On the other thread I stated they were in a good position to counteract some of the things brought out by the householder. Since thinking about it I thought it more effective for people to counteract those who are interested. I think it would be more secure for the one's who would like to make a difference. In this person's case, maybe the householder would remember the conversation and know that the 'other' person on the call was the one who wrote to them. This way, if written appropriatly, could look like it was written in general, not just to them because they had an experience with the JW's.

What do you think? Could this work?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

It has possibilities. The interested one could be at least encouraged to research the religion they are potentially getting involved with.

We have distributed leaflets in our area with references about the wts record on child abuse, starting our campaign just before the kn 37 distribution started, and we have heard that the local jws are far from happy about it, so it seems it's been effective. Anything that prevents even one person falling victim to the wts lies is worthwhile, in my opinion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit