What about US terrorist groups?

by tdogg 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

: What is the difference between armed men in training camps training to kill with hateful prejudice in say, Sudan and the same camps we harbor in say, Idaho?

The ones in Idaho didn't just blow up the World Trade Center, Pentagon and 6,500 people with them, including themselves, that's what.

Get your priorities straight. One thing-at-a-time. Do you think the US should dilute its resources and go after those little camps in Idaho right now?

Geeesh!

Farkel

"When in doubt, duck!"

• Moxy
    Moxy

dilution of resources is one thing but groups who are armed and prepared to fight against what they perceive as infringements on their god-given rights and freedoms will no doubt be alarmed by the federal promises to tighten security in the war against terrorism, fearing increasing monitoring of citizens and a drastic curtailing of civil liberties. the time is ripe to strike at their hated enemy, the federal government. attention is focused elsewhere and a ready scapegoat exists. while they very likely do not condone acts like the WTC attack, a good opportunity is a good opportunity and they probably view themselves as the last bastion of the few remaining scraps of american freedom that are very soon to be quashed.

can the government ignore this threat?

mox

• tdogg
    tdogg

No, they didn't blow up the WTC. They have not made suicide attacks on crowded malls. But some of the groups we will target have not done that either. Do we only accuse terrorists based on the severity of their act?
    One thing at a time? My point is that Bush just told the world we will not allow countries to harbor terrorists while we do harbor and have harbored the same kind of people.

Are they not the same?
    Let us compare:
    Islamic radicals with idealistic propaganda hate blindly and without reason a group (the US) who are differs in religions and ethnicities. They blame that group for their own economic problems. They are willing to use justified violence against that group because they percieve those as having no rights or validation for life.

The KKK and Aryan nations are radicals with idealistic propaganda who hate blindly groups (blacks, jews, etc) who are different in religion and/or ethnicity. They blame those groups for their economic problems. They are willing and practice to use violence aginst those groups.
    These are the same kind of hateful ignorant people.
    The issue is not about who is a worse terrorist than another, but if we are going to hold the world to a standard then we had better make sure that it applies to ourselves.

• Farkel
    Farkel

;: My point is that Bush just told the world we will not allow countries to harbor terrorists while we do harbor and have harbored the same kind of people.

How do you define "harbor" within the context of the Taliban and the context of your Idaho fringe groups?

Farkel

"When in doubt, duck!"

• dubla
    dubla

cross-

Not white men
    with short hair cuts who want to over throw the US government,
    from inside their own country. You see thats LOCAL not GLOBAL
    not to worry----LOL

actually you are once again completely incorrect. terrorist organizations inside the u.s. would be included in the word "global" as the u.s. is on the "globe". understand?

aa

• tdogg
    tdogg

Harbor: to house or contain in Webster def. #7. You could also use #5: to hide or conceal, but I don't believe we do that for the US groups and the Taliban claims not to do that for Usama. This war is not supposed to be about the Taliban and Afghanistan though that is what it may turn out to be. The "war" is supposed to be about fighting terrorist groups and the countries that allow them to legally exist within their borders.

• LDH
    LDH

TDogg,

Maybe you think the ATF and the FBI aren't aware of these radical splinter groups?

Of course they are aware! So why don't they shut them down, you ask.

Because they are using provisions guaranteed to all Americans not just the ones you agree with.

1 Freedom of Speech
    2. Right to bear Arms
    3. Freedom to Assemble
    4. Freedom of the Press

etc etc etc....

Our Federal agencies have their hands tied. They are not able to do a damn thing until they break the law.

My 11 yo asked me yesterday why we just didn't arrest the terrorists if we knew they were in our country. Since we happened to be in Save-Mart supermarket, I used this as an example.

I told the check out clerk I was 'planning to steal a ham or something in about a month.' I asked him would I be placed under arrest? No, he said, not until I actually stole something and GOT CAUGHT. And he understood the illustration I was giving my child.

These home grown terrorists are being very carefully watched. Just because YOU don't know about the actions our Federal Goverment takes, doesn't mean they aren't taking any action.

In case you missed Prez. Bush's speech, the Feds will not disclose all information to Americans. It could compromise the operation and the personnel.

As far as the KKK, that's a bunch of toothless old men if I ever saw it. And the Aryan Nations, headed by Tom Metzger? Why don't you do some research on Morris Dees and the Southern Poverty Law Center. You will see these 'terrorists' are getting hit where it counts--their MONEY...

And you seem to think GW is afraid to say 'who' or 'what' the war is on. You forget his daddy kicked Saddam Hussein's ass, and we knew about it.

The American people are not loathe to hearing the word war or the reasons behind it.

Lisa

• tdogg
    tdogg

You make some very good points. I agree that those are the reasons why they are not going to make a move on these guys. But you would think GWB would at least acknowledge that this type of behavior, the same type already displayed by US citizens in retaliation aginst random Arabs, will be considered along the same lines.

As far as the KKK, the "toothless old men", that may be your perception. Believe me they are alive and well and recruiting. They have many young people involved and are meeting in a neighborhood near you.

I guess you also make the point that we have to wait for terrorists to kill lots of people before we can do anything about it.

I am not sure what this means:
    "And you seem to think GW is afraid to say 'who' or 'what' the war is on. You forget his daddy kicked Saddam Hussein's ass, and we knew about it."

I think you are saying GB ordered troops into Iraq therfore GWB is not afraid to say who or what the war is on. If so I dont see the correlation, but I may have not understood what you were trying to say.

Thanks for the tip on Dees, that was interesting.
    Have you looked at the Aryan Nations website? That shit is scary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit