Active JWs—Do JWs actually carry a "life saving" message?

by AuldSoul 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

The jw don't carry anything life-saving unless they have a can of mace or something. They carry depression and battered self-esteem. Just because they don't realize it, doesn't make it any less harmful.

What is the ultimate result of teaching people that God is unstable and has devised a plan that by comparison makes Hitler look like a boy scout? They had me hating God for a long time. Their message of jehovah's defective love disgusts people and the persecution they so humbly suffer through, they bring on themselves.

• gumby
    gumby

In short, the life saving message in the bible was grace through Jesus blood for all who put faith in him.

The witnesses idea of a lifesaving message is to denounce all that christendom teaches, to make gods name known, and tell people about a coming paradide earth through gods kingdom.

However, the latter isn't what is presented in the N.T. as the Good news, or as a life saving message.

Gum - Brown - and Faucett

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Auld Soul et al,

Regarding BCZAR2ME's comment on "quick baptisms" and one's being moved to be baptized without pre-qualifying instruction: At Bethel Brother Knorr said that the LAMP book's purpose was to keep new ones from going out the "back door". I believe that marked the beginning of going beyond merely studying with a JW as sufficient qualification for baptism. Br. K's point, which I clearly recall being made at some address to the Family, was that many were coming in the "front door" but going out the "back door". Apparently, an officially monitored Q&A session and subsequent approval to candidates would insure converts built with fire-resistent materials. More and more I recall things Br. Knorr told the family that those outside the hallowed walls might never have known. However, some of what he told the family could have later been mentioned in the public arena.

Baptismally yours,

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit