My Bible the stories I like

by Andy C 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Anony-Mouse
    Anony-Mouse

Lot and his daughters, lol.

Elijah and the kids. Yeah, it reads like it was 2 or 3 kids, then the bears went off and ate "40 of thier number". I guess Elijah forgot to turn the bears off after the first few :P .

But that's always been my favorite. God hates children ^^ .

• Andy C
    Andy C
    Cinderella, Snow White, Alice in Wonderland

Bible book please, or is that books that didn't make it.

The bible is full of twists and turns. Many stories make no sense to us. Elijah and the bears, Lot and his daughters. Big deal, so it's full of death and mis-guided morals. Do you have a bible story that you like? If you go for other fairy tales, knock yourself out.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    Elijah and the kids.

That was Elisha not Elijah.

Elijah was a totally cool guy as far as I can remember.

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

The Solomon one about the two mothers and the one child, I'm glad you put the word 'stories' in, strange how people try to insist that the Bible contains factual accounts - such as Creation account, Noah and the flood, walls of Jerico etc.

CS 101

• Andy C
    Andy C

That's what they are CS 101 stories. Solomons life is interesting as well. I have alway enjoyed the story of Joesph. The books of Samuel and Kings. You do not have to have a religious reason for enjoying bible stories.

Interesting responses. Even the crack about Snow White etc. By the way folks don't go by the Walt Disney versions of fairy tales. The original stories are as bizarre and blood thirsty as any bible story.

• Anony-Mouse
    Anony-Mouse

Sorry about the 2 letters :P .

I think it was written 'stories' because we all remember that good old book: "My book of Bible stories."

But that would mean that the society realises they are just stories, and not fact... Or maybe their dictionary is different from ours. Or maybe yours is :P . Who knows ^^ ?

• misguided
    misguided

Balam and the talking ASS!

• Andy C
    Andy C
    Balam and the talking ASS!

Yes, but who was the ass?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit