I watched "KNOCKING" DVD

by garybuss 35 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Gary..As you know we love reading your posts..When you`ve thought about and digested the movie,how about a review from you?..I have no doubt it would be entertaining and thoughtfull...OUTLAW

• frozen one
    frozen one

Is this DVD worth purchasing now or should I wait to see it on PBS (I think Knocking is on PBS' spring schedule)?

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hi frozen one,

I like to own important things, so I'd buy just the documentary, no problem. The surprise for me was the extras. There must have been 3 hours of em and I don't have a Watch Tower attorney on video on any other medium making statements like I have on this disk.

There's lots of good stuff on this disk for me.

OUTLAW, you know I'll post my thoughts on this disk.
    My first thought as I was watching it was, "Damn, I'm glad I didn't criticize THIS before I saw it!".

edited to add: The booklet is titled STUDY / DISCUSSION GUIDE
    (Sponsored by the Laura & Lorenz Reibling Family Foundation)
    KNOCKING

• frozen one
    frozen one

Thanks Gary. Maybe I'll buy it, watch it, then give it to a jw relative for xmas. Would an active jw consider the DVD to be appropriate viewing? I'm guessing a witness would be suspicious as the DVD wasn't made by the society.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hi Frozen, you wrote: "Would an active jw consider the DVD to be appropriate viewing?"

I don't know. My personal policy is never talk religion or Witnessism with a believing Witness. Did I mention I treat all Witnesses like they are believing Witnesses unless they come to me directly with their own questions? I'm too busy helping people who want help to waste time (or money) with satisfied Jehovah's Witnesses.

• frozen one
    frozen one

Thanks Gary. I guess the only way to find out if the DVD is appropriate jw material is to hand it to one. If upon touching it they start screaming, "IT BURNS!! IT BURNS!!!" I'll know.

On a completely different note, do you still ride? Next summer I plan on doing a couple long range trips on the Softail (east coast? west coast? both coasts?) as I kind of shortchanged myself this year. At any rate, I'm thinking I'll be in South Dakota mid-August as I haven't been to the rally in a while.

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

Interesting. There seemed to be a lot of people criticizing this documentary before even seeing it. Just like the WTS and its members do with so called 'apostate' literature. I for one will not be watching it, because it doesn't interest me. I agree with Gary on not wasting time and money on witnesses who beleive and don't want to change. I would only help those that want to get help or come to me with questions.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hi Frozen, No I don't ride anymore. I'm in Sioux Falls, stop by for coffee and cookie if you come down interstate 90.

• frozen one
    frozen one

When I'm down that way I'll take you up on that offer, Gary. Thanks.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I zoomed around in the PBS site and the Independent site but couldn't find any link to purchase the video. I did see that it airs in May 2007 in California at 10 pm but I have to think that the additional footage that you saw won't be included in the television version? Did you find the video without the additional footage worth watching or would you have passed on it if it had only been an hour long? sammieswife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit