Tell me about your relationship with Jehovah

by Nosferatu 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I'll tell you a bit of what me and Jehovah's relationship was like. I talked to him, but he never responded. Whenever something good happened to me, I believed that he had everything to do with it. Whenever I did something wrong, I believed that he would punish me.

He just kinda sat there and did nothing, but I thanked him for my food and asked forgiveness whenever I pissed him off. He never said "You're Welcome" nor did he really tell me when I was doing something wrong. He just kinda sat there.

Maybe I didn't have a relationship with Jehovah. Perhaps I had a relationship with oxygen.

• parakeet
    parakeet

"Perhaps I had a relationship with oxygen."

LOL! That's funny and true. That's how I felt when I prayed to Jehovah. Nowadays, my relationship with Jehovah is what's commonly termed "dysfunctional." He wants me dead, and I don't believe he exists.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I didn't have a relationship with jehovah. I merely became a member of a publishing company disguising itself as the "true religion", who persuaded me to think that by joining them I could get really close to god.

I prayed often enough, but was talking to myself, no one else as listening.

• Gopher
    Gopher

I always had a struggle with this 'relationship with Jehovah' idea, because as has been pointed out you could never really tell whether he was answering. If something good happened in your life, was it because of 'Jehovah' or because you were in the right place at the right time? If you did good things, was it because 'Jehovah' influenced you or because you simply care about people?

People might say they or someone else had a good 'relationship with Jehovah', but what did that really mean? And how could anybody really know if that was true?

Truthfully, God (if he exists) has always felt far away. Anyone who believes they're interacting with Jehovah probably has a great deal of imagination.

• Xnived Shadow
    Xnived Shadow

I think that I have a relationship with something out there... only when It seems I am gonna die a horibble death. Then I pray my ass off!!! OH GOD! OH GOD!

• Borgia
    Borgia

Nosferatu,

I stiked me how striking the silence really was.............

A friend of mine seem to have a relationship. I was wondering wether or not he perceives it as a one way street. I´m gonna talk to him soon. I´ll keep you posted if you are intersted.

Cheers

Borgia

• Borgia
    Borgia

Nosferatu,

I striked me how striking the silence really was.............

A friend of mine seem to have a relationship. I was wondering wether or not he perceives it as a one way street. I´m gonna talk to him soon. I´ll keep you posted if you are intersted.

Cheers

Borgia

• Amazing
    Amazing

Nosferatu,

Maybe I didn't have a relationship with Jehovah. Perhaps I had a relationship with oxygen.

Maybe the "Jehovah" of the Watchtower is really an oxy-moron and is simply a created fiction of men. Maybe some need to try Jesus Christ for a change ... but in either case, don't stop breathing in oxygen.

Jim W.

• Genesis
    Genesis

I am Jehovah and have a T-shirt that proves it ! Seriously I always had the impression that I was talking to no one while praying (I was in fact..). When I begin to have doubts I prayed Jehovah with tears asking him to help me come back to him and all, while I was praying I felt a huge :

NOTHING !

This was the beginning of the end for me, they were right after all, the end was near and it came, the end of me being enslaved by them !

• La Capra
    La Capra

Without Jehovah, you can still breathe. Without Jehovah, you can still start a fire. Without oxygen, you're dead, and, not that you'd care, all your food is cold.

Better to nurture that relationship with Oxygen, I'd say-if only for a hot meal.

Shoshana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit