10/7 update

by Moxy 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Moxy
    Moxy

well, well. it appears that the canadian congregations ARE included in this. so it isnt just a US branch thing. yours truly is in possession of the much bally-hooed ticket.

interesting comment too that the sports stadium we were trying to get became unavailable due to major league sports rescheduling in the wake of the attacks. wonder how many others are having trouble with this

mox

• Gopher
    Gopher

Moxy,

Thanks for the update. Keep 'em coming! I can't wait to find out what spiritual "food" they'll be trowelling out!

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• Satanus
    Satanus

Moxy

I'm in canada too. Will all of the canadaian meetings be on oct7?

S

• Still_Not_Sure
    Still_Not_Sure

I obviously missed something. What happens October 7th?

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Moxy,

thanks for the information.

We are eagerly ...waiting for the event!

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Hmmmm...I'm getting married October 7. Guess I won't find out the big news until I get back from my honeymoon...

• Hmmm
    Hmmm
    I obviously missed something. What happens October 7th?

Armageddon. The Society got tired of incorrectly guessing years and determined that Jehovah was unhappy with them for being a vague watchman. So this time they've pegged it to a specific date. Word has it that publishers averaging 11.2 hours or more per month will even be given the hour; Pioneers will be given the exact minute.

Hmmm

• Still_Not_Sure
    Still_Not_Sure
    The Society got tired of incorrectly guessing years and determined that Jehovah was unhappy with them for being a vague watchman. So this time they've pegged it to a specific date. Word has it that publishers averaging 11.2 hours or more per month will even be given the hour; Pioneers will be given the exact minute.

No, seriously.

What's so special about October 7th?

• Gopher
    Gopher

Still_not:

From what I've read, it's a special gathering only for members of congregations. No apostates allowed! Perhaps they'll be told how to avoid exposure to worldly contamination such as the upcoming Dateline NBC expose on the pedophilia plague within the organization. Since it's only 2 weeks away, we all anxiously await the report from Moxy and others on this board who have the "golden ticket".

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Actually, and Moxy can correct me if I'm wrong...

The 'badge card' is about the color of the 'Good News to Make You Happy Book' and about the size of a business card. I have only seen the backs of them. The previous 'recalled' cards were called 'tan and white' but I never saw them.

dungbeetle... STILL cleaning up the crap.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit