One thing that REALLY bothers me

by Abandoned 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I was just watching the news about an organization called Bundles of Love that puts together kits for new parents that can't afford to get things for their newborns. It was a touching piece. One of the volunteers talked about why she decided to help out and the first thing that came to my mind was how ashamed I am of how as part of jw I would have instinctively found someway to discredit her kindess as just another worldly person walking blindly through satan's world. What an ass I was.

• FreeChick
    FreeChick

I know how you feel. My mom was living with a sister after she left my abusive elder father of 24 years. Anyway, my mom paid rent to this sister, etc. but then she got sick. The elders came and told my mom that the sister didn't want her to live there anymore, even though she was still able to pay rent and utilities, and they handed my mom a list of homeless shelters they felt she should check out.

And we were always told how horrible the world is, but they pushed my mom to these very charities.

FreeChick

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Yeah the wt has disdain for the common charities of the world. Their arrogance is so annoying. It's especially annoying when someone arrogant tells you that you need to work on your arrogance so that god won't destroy you.

• carla
    carla

I couldn't agree more.

Abandoned,

can I steal your name? It's so damn fitting!

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

can I steal your name? It's so damn fitting!

I guess so, but then what name do I use? You'll have to take my word on this, but I'm not quite a carla (too much blasphemous facial hair). :-)

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Typical wts attitude to charity always seemed to be not to contribute to it as the kingdom is the answer to mankinds problems, but never to hesitate in accepting charity when it's offerred them. That is such a hypocritical attitude, yet the dubs think it's normal.

• Trippin2962
  • Trippin2962
    Trippin2962

I hardly ever post here, but read often

Both my elderly aunt & uncle and grandparents (all lifelong Jdubs) live in subsidized housing by the Catholic Church. When they were fully able they never contributed to such charities but now need to depend on them daily.

Even though they live there I bet they never even give it a second thought about how hypocritical it is. They don't believe in contributing to charities because of what the WTBS teaches but they benefit from them everyday. There whole lives were spent working for the WTBS and what has the WTBS given them back?

The stupidity and hypocrisy of it all really gets my goat < argggggggg>!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit