Long time, no talk

by Chia 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Chia
    Chia

Hello everyone!

It's been quite a while since I last posted. I thought I would update everyone on my progress. This year has been better than last. I'm finally somewhat stable. I've been at my current job for 10 months, and I've lived in my apartment since July. After having moved 9 times in the past 2 years, it's nice to finally be stable! Even so, I've experienced a lot of ups and downs, especially relationship wise. It's been so hard for me to shake my Witness mentality. I was always concerned with what people thought of me, and wanting to make people happy that I sacrificed my own happiness. I still do that, except now that I'm in "the real world" people take me for granted all the time. I feel like I've been chewed up and spit out.

The good thing is that I'm seeing a psychologist and hopefully I can get to the bottom of my issues.

If anyone has any advice, it will as always be greatly appreciated. It's nice to just let it out!

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

Dear Chia:

Although, you have had a series of ups and downs
    every challenge in life that you overcome will make
    you that much more prepared and stronger.

Take heart, because there are many here who under-
    stand the dilemma about having the "witness"
    mentality.

Respectfully,

The Wanderer

Please visit for some encouragement!

http://www.brci.org/board.html

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

congrats on your stable job and apartment.thats a big deal and something to be proud of.

i dont have advice..i'm still a mess most days but the psychologist will probably help a lot.. having a therapist helped me immensely! she said i had to quit trying to make everyone else happy and figure out what it would take to make me happy.thats an ongoing process. but, you and i , along with all the others here who are healing, we'll all be ok eventually.. just takes time and work. hugs! glad you checked in.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I've been out since 83, The first years were tough I battled with the same issues you discuss. I reprogramed myself with positive affirmations which I foccused on my issues. I would also recomend reading your erroneous zones by Dr. Wayne Dyer. Good luck

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit