Sept. KM: WT Sanctifies Fiscal Irresponsibility

by Room 215 13 Replies latest jw friends

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Teirce:

The Watchtower does not voluntarily publish any financial information. I can e-mail to you however, a two page financial statement of the WTB&TS of Pennsylvania, which features promiinently the signature of Lyman Swingle. There is nothing intrinsically controversial about the statement, it's interest is merely in the large numbers on it. Mail me if you want it.

Expatbrit

• sawthelight
    sawthelight

yes the wt has money but not as much as the roman catholic church so we should all give as much money to the tower as we can. this they will have the most money and this will prove that they have god's blessing. also the preaching work can be increased in Ireland,Italy, mexico, Brazil(you know all the catholic places ) and screw places like India(2nd most populas country on earth) because there is no financial advantage.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Hi again all,
    I remember how the friends used to snicker when the subject of life insurance was raised. In fact, I rememebr on student talk at a Circuit Assembly for which the chosen setting was ``witnessing to an insurance salesman.'' Basically, the msg was that ``we don't need your product, since we plan to live forever.''
    It wasn't too long ago that the friends look askance at JW couples who bought houses rather than mobile homes or paid rent.
    Ah the scene of the (Watchtower) world is changing indeed. These viewpoints have gone the way of the AAA groupies (old-timers remember the young ladies who would proudly emblazon AAA --``Available After Armageddon'') on their convention badges. What's next? JW baby boomers buying burial plots? Horrors!
    I pity anyone who takes Brooklyn's advice seriously.

• radar
    radar

room 215

Yes, and I was one of those suckers, that never took out a pension because I thought I would never need one!
    I saw it as a lack of faith" In Jehovah's promises" to invest in anything but Jehovah's kingdom.

I still feel quite stupid for believing things like that.

Radar

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit