You Say I've Inherited What???

by Terry 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

We've had one of these deals in my family for many years (great granny, I think). It's a bit of a joke. I think my mom and last surviving uncle on my dad's side discuss the latest developments every year or so. Then they take the proceeds and head for Starbucks.

• Terry
    Terry
    I think my mom and last surviving uncle on my dad's side discuss the latest developments every year or so. Then they take the proceeds and head for Starbucks.

Whoo hoo! Starbuck!

I'd rather somebody had left me Starbucks stock.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Hey, with your monthly stipend, you can invest in Starbucks. . . or whatever, its a great way to start investing without any personal risk.

• free2beme
    free2beme

When my grandparents died. I inherited about $20,000. My father, who never spends money, inherited about $500,000. He claims, that when he dies, it goes to my sister and I. My spouses side of the family, plan on leaving us a mountain of trash (I mean their trailer that was cleaned last when Ford was in office) and basically we expect nothing from them. It is nice to know, we may get something though.

• bebu
    bebu
    Then they take the proceeds and head for Starbucks.

Obviously they inherited a great deal of money!

bebu

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Terry,

Congratulations and best wishes on your windfall! "Out of the blue" for me was a financial coup that put a check in hand for the very dollar amount I needed to move into my new home. Several months prior I received one of those too-good-to-be-true notices about unclaimed funds---'we'll get ya yer dough for a modest fee' sort of come-ons. Checked into it, found it legit and, subsequent to the paper work, was cut a check that moved me into the new place. Seems there was a long-forgotten insurance policy that was accruing cash value, and through person-search they found me. The regular ID was simple. The hard part was providing proof that I had lived at 1234 Abbadabba Ave., Anytown, USA. thirty-five years ago. Searching through EVERYTHING, I found a single envelope, letter intact, mailed to me at that particular time and addressed to me at 1234 Abbadabba Avenue! Love my new home!

Terry--- are you the Terry who wrote the story "My Life in Jehovah's Service", whose best friend is Johnnie? If so, it's your story that was my first step out of the old/into the new! Profound and utter thanx!

A little richer now,

CoCo

• Terry
    Terry

Terry--- are you the Terry who wrote the story "My Life in Jehovah's Service", whose best friend is Johnnie? If so, it's your story that was my first step out of the old/into the new! Profound and utter thanx!

A little richer now,

CoCo

Hey CoCo,

I am he the one of whom you speak :)

Nice to hear something like this. Thank you!

My story: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/76202/1.ashx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit