New, lost & opinionated

by Shanna Korin 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Shanna Korin
    Shanna Korin

First let me say I'm new to this forum, second WOW! As it is I have spent at least an hour and a 1/2 just reading different topics and WOW! I never in my life imagined for one minute that it would be so hard to leave the organization. I just decided and did. No major issues or protests from family. Shakes of heads yes, but definately not the "you must go underground to leave" type of thing. The whole DF thing never happened because I wasn't baptized and I wasn't disassociated either hmmm. who knows why not? As far as molestation ..touchy any way you look at it. I don't think sexual deviants come in religions at least my molesters didn't...they were just scum. Sex...lol....in my opinion again although we were taught sex before marriage BAD it didn't damper it for me when it was LEGAL so to speak.I was never taught sex was bad just that it was special and something that Jehovah intended for a couple in love. As non-chalant as I may sound my heart truely goes out to those who are living with such fear, unease and hurt. the one and only thing I can honestly say has caused me much grief is my sexuality and my denial of it...God knows it's not the JW or Christian way or in truth majority speaking the socially excepted way. So I just do what is expected and live a natural life.

• return visitor
    return visitor

I'm relitivly new too. So let me be one of the first to welcome you.

RV

• return visitor
    return visitor

You wouldn't be DA'd because you were not baptized. A disassociated person is one that is baptized and Leaves (or disassociates) himself from the org.

• gordon d
    gordon d

Hi Shanna,

WELCOME! I just discovered the board a few weeks ago too... One word of caution, just like the WTS it can overtake your life!

Also... watch your language.

Ms. Mouthy will "Bust that A$$!"

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Welcome to the board.

purps

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Hi, welcome! It was announced from the podium when I left, even though I had never been baptised-I was disassociated (as opposed to being an acceptable associate, I guessed).

I think perversion exists in all religions, cause every religion is filled with human beings. I think the Shakers only have about 5 old ladies left, so they may be the exception.

I have noted in other posts that while there are standard theology/doctrine across the board among JWs, there is a lot of difference in practice and application. Some congregations are a lot more hardcore than others. Depends on the elders and overseers and, whether they want to admit it or not, their local culture, from what I have noticed. I am glad you got out relatively painlessly. I have had some mixed experience, but overall do not have good feelings about my association with the RELIGION. I do have some great feelings about certain people, and I grew up in a loving family. Most of the extended JW family was nuts, but my dad wasn't JW, so we had a more normal upbringing than many of my friends on the forum.

Thanks for stopping by, and feel free to share your experiences-even if they are good or neutral. You don't have to be anti JW or bitter or angry to be here. All are welcome and all of us need to hear 'the rest of the story' lest we get entirely wrapped up in our own stories.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Hi Shanna, and welcome to the forum

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Howdy!..... pull up a chair and sit a spell. WELCOME!

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome to the board!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    As far as molestation ..touchy any way you look at it. I don't think sexual deviants come in religions at least my molesters didn't...they were just scum.

Agreed. But Jw's set the table for them better than some other religions do. Have you seen www.silentlambs.org ?

I only suggest this since your subject matter seemed a bit focused on the issue, and mention that sexual molestation has affected you on a personal level.

Welcome to the forum.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit